Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown sugar v/s Honey

ANSWERED

I've always wondered which one is a better choice between brown sugar and honey. I switched to honey 2 years ago. few weeks ago I tried coffee with brown sugar and boy it tasted so much better!

I almost want to switch to brown sugar, I was wondering if it's a healthy choice.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

wow. sounds like an easy decision.

That settles it 🙂

thanks!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It is really a wash, @avinashmadhavan. Brown Sugar is simply White Sugar mixed with Molasses. Brown Sugar has 17 calories per teaspoon, while White Sugar has 16 calories per teaspoon - not much difference.  Brown Sugar, because of its molasses content has trace amounts of calcium, potassium, iron and magnesium, but it is such small quantity that there isn't much health benefit to it.

That said, you'd be better off just not using sugar.  There are no health benefits to sugar.

Best Answer

wow. sounds like an easy decision.

That settles it 🙂

thanks!

Best Answer

You can use demerara sugar as well!

What is demerara sugar?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that honey is better. It is more natural, and you are using a natural product. Of course, there is also present sugar but it is a safer one. Actually, to be honest I remember even my granny was using honey for her health and also skincare. Speaking about the skin I guess that it is a must for everyone to have a look at this https://www.eiwahoney.com/blogs/honey-and-health/top-ten-amazing-honey-benefits-for-skin site. There you'll find all information about the honey and how you can solve different skin problems. In my case it helped me to pass over acne, believe me, it'll help you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

I totally agree with what @SeanRa said, honey is more natural and has more nutrients, it is also less processed than sugar.  

Best Answer
0 Votes