Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories in and out - HELP !

I need help please: I do not understand the calorie in vs out thing here. I should have a deficit of 500 calories, now I have burned 2255 cals and took 1753 cals in - which makes 500 cals deficit.
But my tracker says I am ‘under target’ and have 269 cals left for the day ?! Why ?! I don’t get it - can someone please explain ?
Thanks in advance !!! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I think most likely, because you are still going to burn some calories the rest of the day. So you can still eat some for the calories you are still going to burn.

If you could post a screenshot of the screen you are talking about, we better understand your question.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far as I know, Fitbit tries to distribute the allowed 'in' calories over the day.

So when you wake-up, you will have a slight deficit, as you have burned some calories just by being alive.  You haven't eaten, so there is a deficit, but Fitbit doesn't want you to eat your complete budget at once.

When you should skip breakfast (which I wouldn't recommend), you will see that by lunchtime, Fitibit is showing you a larger deficit...

When you don't eat that deficit completely at lunch, you will see it growing consistently larger in the course of the day...

Ann... Belgium
Fitbit One (retired), Alta, Alta HR, Charge2 - Android app, Mac OS, Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please read the article at the fitbit blog called Ask fitbit: Why Does My Calorie Allowance Change Throughout the Day?

@NatiLakomksi wrote:

I need help please: I do not understand the calorie in vs out thing here. I should have a deficit of 500 calories, now I have burned 2255 cals and took 1753 cals in - which makes 500 cals deficit.
But my tracker says I am ‘under target’ and have 269 cals left for the day ?! Why ?! I don’t get it - can someone please explain ?
Thanks in advance !!! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes