Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the diet plan be adjusted to reflect a 1400 calories diet, i the Flex2?

Does anyone know how to adjust the diet plan, to rflect a 1400 calorie diet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Nicole1703 wrote:

Does anyone know how to adjust the diet plan, to rflect a 1400 calorie diet?

You can set your own calorie target, instead of doing a fixed deficit, if that's what you mean? If you go into the Food Plan setup, when you get to the part about "plan intensity", where it gives you a choice between a 250, 500, 1000 etc. calorie deficit, there is a little link under the options that says something like "set your own calorie target". You can then enter 1400 if that's what you want to aim for each day.

Hope that helps.

-UVc

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi UVcat,

Unfortunately,  I do not seem to have that option.  No link at the bottom.  I can only choose among the 4 intensity plans.  Maybe I did not set it up properly when I first got my Fitbit?  Maybe I don't have that option with the Flex2?  Either way, I greatly appreciate you responding so fast.  Thank you and have a great day.  Nicole

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nicole1703 wrote:

Hi UVcat,

Unfortunately,  I do not seem to have that option.  No link at the bottom.  I can only choose among the 4 intensity plans.  Maybe I did not set it up properly when I first got my Fitbit?  Maybe I don't have that option with the Flex2?  Either way, I greatly appreciate you responding so fast.  Thank you and have a great day.  Nicole

Huh, Sorry, that's a bummer! My only other thought is: are you editing the food plan from your phone or from the browser-based dashboard? I have found that the two are not the same, and I was describing what I see on the browser-based system, inside "Track my Food". I'm including a screenshot of the relevant "page". I used to have a Flex (I now have an Alta) and this option never changed for me, so I think it might be worth looking around a bit more; I don't see why it would be tracker-specific.

-UVc

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 10.43.11 AM.png

Best Answer

So Nicole,

Fitbit calculates your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) based on information you enter. Your BMR is the amount of calories you burn on a normal day with no extra activity. When you want to lose weight, it asks you how intense you want to make your diet. I think hardest gives you a 1000 calorie deficit from your BMR. For example, if your BMR is 3000 Calories per day and you selected the "hardest" diet plan, your diet plan would be 2000 calories per day. As such, don't think about setting about how many calories you think you need to lose weight.Let Fitbit do the work for you, as it's calculating the safest, most sustainable way to lose weight.A 1400 calorie diet plan may be too little for you in order to lose weight safely.

Best Answer

Thank you alcarcalimo2364.  I really appreciate your comment.  It helped me to understand its function a little better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see what you mean UVcat.  Unfortunately, I don't have that last part seen between the last and next arrows.  Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes