Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheat Day

Hello all! Woman Happy

Recently, I heard that you can loose more weight on cheat days, what do you think about that? Which food you think is best for cheat day? For me it would be definitely pizza!!! What about yours?

CD.jpg

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Pizza is definitely my goto on cheat days as well.

Best Answer

I gain on cheat days, but within a few days my fat mass is down further than I was... and usually the gains in lean mass stick around after. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

Recently, I heard that you can loose more weight on cheat days, what do you think about that?

Weight loss usually isn’t fully linear, so it’s perfectly possible you lose weight after a "cheat day" and gain some after a day of perfect eating and exercising. In general, daily fluctuations in weight are caused by water, so they are not real weight losses/gains.

Real weight loss is caused by the cumulative deficit created over time. If your cheat day cancels out your cumulative deficit, it won’t work. If it allows you to keep your sanity (by giving you access to the foods you love, even if they are "bad"), avoid relentless binging, reset your hormones etc. while still keeping your cumulative deficit, it will work.

I’m a proponent of flexible dieting, which means that rather than having a cheat day (or a cheat meal) once a week or so, I’m allowing "cheat" items almost every day. In the end, it’s all about the numbers. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I never understood cheat meals. I mean, why would you want to ruin the progress you've worked so hard for. What I would do is continue clean eating BUT you pick your favorite "healthy" meal and double/up to triple the portion. You are still getting the health benefits without the guilt you would get from say a pizza, tacos, or cheeseburgers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont call it a cheat day. But I do go out to lunch once a week and get what I want for that one meal.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Even I look forward to cheat days, but frankly they are more of "rest day for the body" rather than "whatever I can eat day". I hog a lot of chinese/Tibetian or even some munchies with beer. But I still avoid cheese, cola & deep fried food in any form. I don't like the "heaviness" I feel when I eat unhealthy even on cheat days.  My cheat days are all about not going to the gym, getting rest or some fresh air.

Best Answer

My guilty pleasure is: french fries! I love them! Heart But please don't forget the ketchup, it's just not the same! Smiley Very Happy

french fries.jpg

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My cheat food would have to be chocolate.  It doesn't have to be sweet.  I think I am craving the caffeine.  Gave up coffee.  Honestly, I will have a cup every now and then.  And a  couple of bites of chocolate are enough for me.  After that, I'm out of the kitchen.  I cheat almost every day, but I limit my treats.  

Best Answer

@short-n-sassy that's so delicious! Actually, it has been proven that dark chocolate is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet. Studies show that dark chocolate (not the sugary/milky one Smiley Tongue) can improve health and lower the risk of heart disease. Way to go! Smiley Wink

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're not going to lose more on a day that you consume more calories but it can be nice to break up the monotony.  Just be careful your cheat day doesn't wipe out the deficit you built up during the rest of the week.  It's scary easy to do depending on your appetite lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

@extra_medium that's true! What has worked for me is that whenever I have a treat or a cheat day I double the effort the next three following days on my routine. Adding an extra set or adding 20 minutes on a cardio workout. They key is balance, I think! Smiley Tongue Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure about loosing more weight on cheat days, but I had one yesterday. A microwavable pizza from the grocery store as my late night meal. I think if you keep on track overall cheat days are fine.

Is there science about loosing more on cheat days? Haven't heard that before. 

Best Answer