Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Meal and Fitbit calculating caloric intake per portions

Can you not create a recipe on Fitbit and have the portion size calculated for caloric measurements

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Creating a recipe on Fitbit: "My Meals" can give you the total calories and nutrients for those ingredients you would would have to divide the totals by the number of portions you perceive or actually obtain from the recipe.  

For example: Once a month I grind up (using a blender) a selection of nuts and seeds.  The selection varies depending upon what's in my pantry & fridge.  The volume of each nut & seed prior to grinding is 1/2 cup.  The weight of each nut or seed obviously is different, e. g., Brazil nuts vs chia seeds.  After listing all the ingredients and obtaining the total weight'/nutrients in grams (metric weights are easier to add, subtract, multiply, & divide) I use an 1/8 cup measure (a standard coffee measuring unit) obtain the tare, and weigh it it with the nut/seed mixture.  I do a bit of algebra and find the percentage of each ingredient in the nut/seed mixture.  It's not higher math, just a bit of time consuming division & multiplication to find percentages.  Finally I reenter the ingredients as per my standard coffee measure-1/8 cup-into the Fitbit 'My Meals/Custom Meals' list and delete the total weights/nutrients of the 1/2 cups of my nuts & seeds mixture.  Otherwise I would be entering an irrationally huge number of calories & nutrients each time I clicked on the Nuts Seeds Mixture in the 'My Meals/Custom Meals' menu.  The 1/8 cup is my standard portion for the nuts/seeds mixture.  If I use double the portion I simply double the amount in the 'My Meals/Custom Meals.' 

Best Answer
0 Votes