Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

@SmegWilsonWow! I bet that holds you pretty well throughout the morning hours into lunch!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sigh... Before last week my typical breakfast consisted of driving through Bakers for a Sausage and Egg Burritto with Hashbrowns and a diet Dr. Pepper, or maybe an iced coffee... about 1500 calories total.  Or I'd drive through McDonalds and get the #4 which is two Egg McMuffins, a hashbrown and diet Dr. Pepper.   I'd eat it in my car on my 45 minute commute.  And then I'd frequently stop at Von's to get a bagel or two, and maybe some cream cheese on it, or I might stop at Alcobar for a Monster Mocha and a Breakfast Burritto with bacon.  No idea why I am mobidly obese.... must be my low metabolism?  

Some of you look at this and shake your head wondering how someone can eat that much, I look at what you eat and shake my head wondering how you eat that little.

Now if you go to my Fitbit profile I've been logging my foods since Monday and doing much better (6 days into a 2 year journey to get to a normal weight).  I joke that strapping my Fitbit on is a magical solution.  And it is.  It's filled with incantations of steps, and sleep efficiency, and heart rate monitoring.

But thanks for all the suggestions.  I may have to check out those Mission low carb tortillas at 80 calories, think they'd be great with some egg or egg substitute and salsa to replace my other burritto habit.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Ideally, by lunch time I will have already eaten twice. First thing in the morning, I'll have .5 cup of oats with cinnamon and half of a medium-sized apple. Then, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours later, I'll have a protein shake (Cellucor usually, just powder and water). I get up around 7, so what I consider to be lunch happens around 1 pm. 

Best Answer

@JustWalkItOffCongratulations on your journey to weight loss! I definitely know what you mean when you talk about seeing how others eat "very little" compared to what you were used to eating. It's all about habit! Glad to know that your Fitbit tracker has been helpful in your journey and hope that it continues to be a huge part in getting you to where you want to be! Keep on keeping on my friend! Robot Very Happy

@itsjusteGreat to see you actively participating! Happy to have you here! 

I need to get onboard with you and eat twice before lunch! I'm sure that keeps you from feeling like you're starving during the lunch hour. I need to get into this habit! Thanks for sharing as well! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

I typically have a thin bagel with, weight watchers cream cheese and a tablespoon of home made jam.

I add a glass of 2% milk and a small apple. 

I'm really big on making sure my portions are right these days

Best Answer

@Kbrown2930Do you also keep track of portions by using a scale to weigh foods such as meats, etc?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I use a food scale for my meats and I have measuring cups specifically for measuring portions. 

I've also invested in a portion control plate. 

Best Answer

@Kbrown2930Very disciplined! Great to see that you're keeping it up! Hope to hear about your results later on! Keep on keeping on! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

What is bullet proof coffee?

Best Answer

Microwaved instant Oatmeal is my go-to breakfast.    When I get into the office, I have coffee and a few lowfat animal cookies.     Not a great habit, but I have to have the few cookies - and that holds me until lunchtime. 

Best Answer
Thanks.

Jerry Alexander
Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a recipe online but I have never had bulletproof coffee.  I like regular coffee!

recipe online for bulletproof coffee

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smoothie:

7 oz  2% Greek Yogurt

1 Banana

3-4 oz Frozen Strawberries

and Water to Blend

Best Answer

@TohellwithitCheck out this article on Bulletproof coffee, which also includes a video of how they make it.

@FidoAnimal cookies are too good to pass up! 

@SunsetRunnerMade me lick my lips! Sounds like a delicious, healthy breakfast! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Soy milk smoothie with strawberries and almonds or banana and almonds; or two scrambled eggs;  or corn cakes/crackers with cheese.  Then at 10:30am, a coffee with sugar and some dried fruit.  Previously, it was always 2x toast with jam or peanut butter/paste.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate breakfast, so my typical morning meal is a smoothie with soy protein powder, frozen fruit, almond milk, whole almonds, chia seeds and this Super Greens powder.  I put it all in my Nutri-Bullet and blend.  My picky son even drinks these with enough blueberries.  He has no clue it is healthy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DeliaPWelcome to the Community forums! 

@DeliaP@jillfiredupI need to start waking up earlier to have the time to make myself some morning smoothies like you two! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is Super Greens powder and where can I find it?  Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HankHNot sure if this is the same product that she was referring to but this is what I found in regards to SuperGreens: "An all-natural whole meal superfood in a nutrient-dense, calorie-restricted format, Super Greens is a whole, raw, complete, foundational superfood, a blend of organic, wild crafted, and all natural foods that have been optimized with the most bio-available and usable nutrients in existence.

Complete Building Blocks and Fuel for Every Cell in the Body!

SuperGreens is much more than your typical Greens drink. SuperGreens has an almost 2:1 protein-to-carbohydrate ratio and a 2:1 carbohydrate-to-fiber ratio. Plus it has numerous nutrients that support the stabilization of blood sugar levels. Therefore, you can mix in small amounts of any kind of juice or fruit and still not raise blood sugar levels significantly."

Best Answer

Thanks ErickFitbit.  That helps, I'll see if I can find it here locally.

Best Answer
0 Votes