Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering food tracking for fresh food, how does everyone do this?

Hi guys, thank you for taking the time to read this, its my first ever forum post.

Short bit of info about myself, I am 24 and getting married in July, I am on my weight lose journey primarily for health reasons.

I have cut out all carbonated drinks, no caffeine coffee tea etc, limited chocolate and I mean limited to the point of a treat is 3 singular after eights! not three boxes! 

As I have just started again with Fitbit I have got the hang of most features very quickly or at least i believe I have, I log my water , however alot if not all of my food, id fresh therefore I don't have the handy nutritional info tab that comes on pre packaged food. How does everyone track there food and calorie intake, I want to get the best out of my tracker and my journey!

Again thank you for reading and any advice or input would be great.

Looking forward to making new fit bit friends on this worldwide journey! (ps I live in Jersey channel islands!)

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I eat mostly fresh food myself.  I might eyeball fresh veggies and such, but I weigh and measure higher calorie items.  I'm not logging at the moment but I also use an old piece of software called Fitday to build meals.  MyFitnessPal I believe does the same kind of thing.  Welcome  Woman Very Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cook from scratch too and I use the food log in the browser to build meals. When you go there (either via the food tile in the dashboard or the log option in the top menu on the page) on the right hand side there is a module called favorites. When you click meals you get an interface where you can build meals. I use this myself as I find it very useful not having to track single items every time I have a certain dinner. I only have to build the meal once.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

I eat fresh so I weigh and measure everything as I go. So if I am having breakfast, weigh the fruit, the egg white, etc. Lunch- weigh the broccoli, lettuce, etc. You get it. I have now been doing it so long, I can eyeball it and come within an ounce of actual- but I still weigh to be sure. Before I had fitbit, I created a food list of how much things are per oz and have it taped to the inside of a cabinet. I still use it today and add to it instead of using technology- maybe a little superstition..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer