Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Food/Takeout Go To Restaurants? Options

Curious as to what everyone's favorite options are to eat at when you do eat out? Since starting this diet I try my best to eat out as little as possible but let's face it, I work behind a desk with an office full of grown men who eat out daily and usually want to bring me food back. I usually stick with healthy options like Subway, Crispers, or Panera Bread. But i've found there is SO MUCH SODIUM everywhere, even at the healthy places. Smiley Sad
Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

When I’m in the US (I live in Europe and usually go there once a year for work), I like to grab a salad at Whole Foods Market. Here is an example from two weeks ago in NOLA:

whm.jpg

It’s not cheap ($8.99 per lb), but you can make it as healthy as it gets with lots of greens and lean protein. It also ends up being cheaper than what you pay at a typical fast food joint.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

What are "full-grown men?" The question is rhetorical because it depends on the job. When I was in the Air Force, full-grown men (and women) flew jets or worked on them. We had a coke and a candy bar for breakfast and some version of a frozen burrito and coke for lunch. When we weren't flying, we drank and ate steak at the officer's club. Then they started worrying about people dropping dead in their thirties during the annual physical fitness test. Solution? Make the test easier by giving the option to walk. Excessive drinking became unacceptable because too many people were getting killed in car wrecks. 

My point is it's difficult to fit into a group and eat differently from the others. In my opinion, you will need to find a way to eat healthy food from home at your desk without losing your job. There is no healthy meat at Subway's. We could discuss the meatballs. All their bread is refined. A salad doesn't have enough calories. Unfortunately, if you start bringing your lunch, you may gradually be pushed out of the group and lose your job. If you bring convenience foods you can put in the microwave, you will end up just as sick.

I'm not going to recommend a way of eating because it tends to separate me from the Fitbit group. You will need to make your own decision.

Best Answer

What @GershonSurge described is so true, that it is hard to eat differently from a group while trying to fit in. I am going through this with my family as I want to cut out dairy. I don't see them often, so 95% of the time it is no issue. I notice around them I still eat dairy with all my issues popping back up. I am gonna try to push a bit harder, but thanks for describing that so I understand what is going on.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

@GershonSurge wrote:

I'm not going to recommend a way of eating because it tends to separate me from the Fitbit group.

My Trendweight

What is also separating you from the Fitbit group is your Trendweight link, which doesn’t work (it redirects to the register/sign in screen) Smiley Happy.

If you prefer to keep your data personal, you may as well remove the link, or keep it, but remove the "My".

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique,

Fixed it for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know it's hard to eat differently than a group of people. I spend a lot of time at business lunches and dinners. I'm trying to fit in, make a client feel comfortable, but I'm honest about what I will and won't eat. I don't state it in a way that criticizes the other persons choices, just a simple fact that I don't eat process foods or drink alcohol any longer because my body can't handle it and I end up feeling terrible, much like being allergic. I'd rather enjoy my time with you now (meaning I may be eating a salad without dressing, or simple grilled veggies) and still feel good tomorrow. What ends up happening is typically a conversation about how I went about cutting these things out, how I felt during the process and so forth, so it become a bonding conversation, not a point of separation. I hope that helps.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

@zzzzht456

On weekends, I make healthy lunches for the week and put them in containers.

Best Answer
0 Votes