Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food log / calorie log advice needed

Hi fellow Steppers!

I started entering everything I eat for all meals and snacks for about a week.  However, my wife is a wonderful cook and adds a lot of ingredients to her dinner recipes.  I have to say, I stopped logging food because it seems overwhelming to try to find and list every ingredient of every dinner.  At the same time, I believe it's beneficial to use the food log.  I would appreciate any advice / encouragement.  Thank you!

Stephen

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

My best advice is figure out the calories on her meals and then create your own food in your log. Yes it will take time but its pad, paper and calculator. Maybe your wife will help. That way when she makes chili your log will say wife's chili and you dont have to reenter all the ingrediants every time.

Best Answer

Thank you 1stepcloser. Great suggestion!  Smiley Happy  BTW--love your user name!  Excellent reminder that improved fitness is a process, and that with every step we are are nearer to our goals. 

Stephen

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with 1stepcloser.  It is def worth the time to figure out the content of recipes.  I know that there have been times that I have opted for a different meal when I actually knew the numbers of a certain meal and had already consumed a certain number of calories already for the day.  It does help to able to plan.  For exampe, if you know your wife is cooking lasagna for dinner and yoou know it is X calories, but you really want it, then you might eat less calories for breakfast and lunch and even add in some more exercise for the day.  Planning, to a certain degree, helps me to stay on track better.

Best Answer
Great advice--thank you!?
Stephen | USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! You know what, @1stepcloser just suggested something really good for you to do. I would definitely follow her suggestion Man Very Happy.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you do this? I have no problem doing the "computer" work to figure out nutritionals for meals prepared at home, but I don't know how to create and save a recipe on the Fitbit food journal. Can you help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

on the tab for the food on the right, there is one for meal. you can add your food items to it to create combinations of foods or meals that you use on a regular basis like soups, smoothies, etc. I hope this helps or answers your questions correctly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes