Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food logging query

ANSWERED

I've been monitoring my daily food intake since the beginning of the year, and I was curious when the day started and ended. For example, if I work the evening shift and return home around 1230/1 am with a coffee and some food, does this qualify as an evening or morning snack?
To me, the day begins when I wake up from sleep and ends when I go to bed. What are your thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I absolutely agree that the day starts and ends for you on YOUR time.  That said: I took a quick look in the app and didn't see anywhere to change the "day" (but I may have missed it!) so I personally think that you'd be better off just entering numbers that you feel are correct- "morning" when you wake up, etc.  This won't agree with what the clock considers "morning" but you might end up getting frustrated if you try to translate the traditional morning to yours.

In the end, the 24-hour period will probably work itself out, and I'm guessing that you'll see a pattern, or at least some regularity, in your caloric intake.  Personally, I think that just the fact that you are putting in the effort to track what you're eating is more-than fine, especially if you're actually measuring servings; it'll give you a great and revealing idea of exactly what you're eating, and you can take steps to change whatever intake you don't like.

Best of luck!  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@DAS1978   My thoughts are whatever works best for you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I absolutely agree that the day starts and ends for you on YOUR time.  That said: I took a quick look in the app and didn't see anywhere to change the "day" (but I may have missed it!) so I personally think that you'd be better off just entering numbers that you feel are correct- "morning" when you wake up, etc.  This won't agree with what the clock considers "morning" but you might end up getting frustrated if you try to translate the traditional morning to yours.

In the end, the 24-hour period will probably work itself out, and I'm guessing that you'll see a pattern, or at least some regularity, in your caloric intake.  Personally, I think that just the fact that you are putting in the effort to track what you're eating is more-than fine, especially if you're actually measuring servings; it'll give you a great and revealing idea of exactly what you're eating, and you can take steps to change whatever intake you don't like.

Best of luck!  

Best Answer

Thanks for the feed back 

Best Answer
0 Votes