Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gluten-Free sweets that are healthy and that wont KILL my calorie goal

ANSWERED

I am looking for a healthy alternative for those mid-day/evening munchies. I am gluten-free so I know which bad things in that category to shy away from. But what about the gluten-free treats that are not very good for you, and don't supply you with what you actually need. I need advice on a healthier alternative to those  munchies, that is both satisfyingly good and good for you. Ideas ? GO !    

* thank you in advance *

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I made these recently and they are super yummy! I cut them in small pieces and put them in the freezer.

http://www.jaysbakingmecrazy.com/2016/10/04/paleo-homemade-twix-bars/

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I made these recently and they are super yummy! I cut them in small pieces and put them in the freezer.

http://www.jaysbakingmecrazy.com/2016/10/04/paleo-homemade-twix-bars/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was going to guess at a few things, but assuming you're not looking for packaged items, try these:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/celiac-disease/celiac-disease-gluten-free-snacks.aspx

Having said that, watch things like peanut butter and nuts/trail mix, etc.  They can be healthy, but really high in calories if you're not careful.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Thank you very much for your reply ! I will be enjoying some of these snack ideas the week 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my latest sweet craze - Greek yogurt strawberries. Dip strawberries in plain Greek yogurt (I sweeten mine with stevia) and freeze for about 10 min, until yogurt sets - enjoy!

I also enjoy Arctic zero, like ice cream. Several are gluten free, most are 130 calories a pint. A PINT !

I have been known to add a half a banana to the vanilla and drizzle with a tbsp of melted peanut butter. Yummy 🙂

Best Answer

@ReynoldsWife01 - I'm not gluten intolerant, but apparently my go-to snack for today IS.  These are yummy, filling, and gluten-free.

6200.jpg

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

I do the Jif peanut butter to go cups - around 200 calories for one. I CANNOT keep a jar of PB in the house because I'll just start dipping into it, but these preportioned ones work. I assume they're GF but not sure. Justin's vanilla almond butter packets are amazing too.

Also decent cheese is a good treat. Tillamook and Trader Joe's. Also Trader Joe's packets of nuts/trail mix. HTH!

Best Answer

@LetterWriter I am actually snacking on one of those Jif PB to go cups with some gluten free pretzels this morning. I have not tried Justin's vanilla almond butter yet, what do you like to dip in those?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TravellingSunny - YUM! I didn't know those were Gluten-Free! 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kristeenewd

Oh My Goodness that sounds so yummy! I have a horrible relationship with ice cream lol. I mean I love it, but sometimes it just doesn't love me or my hips .... Thanks for the helpful advice!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ReynoldsWife01 I just eat it straight from the packet, but it's good with a side of fresh raspberries or a banana. It would also prob be really good with oatmeal - sometimes I'll swirl a PB to go into my oatmeal, sometimes add a little stevia and vanilla extract, and it's like a PB cookie!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LetterWriter

Sounds delicious!

sadly Most Oatmeal that I find is not gluten-free. please do keep me in mind if you find one that is!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here are three suggestions:

1. A piece of fresh fruit. 

2. A handful of mixed tree nuts. 

3. A handful of dried dates. 

All are sweet. All are delicious. All are far better than a mass produced chocolate bar!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer
0 Votes