Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good tasting protein bar or drink for a very picky chocolate lover?

ANSWERED

I've tried a few protein bars and drinks but haven't found any that I can stick with or even finish eating.  I admit I am very picky and want it to taste like the real deal . Slim Fast drink is the closest thing to a good taste I have tried. Anyone have any recommendations?

Best Answer
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Onnit Hemp Force is where it's at. They make protein powder and protein bars in chocolate and vanilla-acai flavors. Both VERY tasty, and all their products are made with natural and organic ingredients. I can't drink any other protein shakes or eat any other bars after discovering Onnit. I only order my supplements from them, all their products work and are tasty, and I'm as picky as they get when it comes to this stuff. Check them out.... ONNIT www.ONNIT.com

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
Love the Quest Bars!! try their new flavor ... S'mores .... Unfortunately only sold online, but if you want to buy at GNC, get cookies & cream 🙂

Best Answer

I meant to say the JuicePlus Complete Protein Chocolate Powder. Der. Sorry! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

BSN Syntha-6 is, by far, the best tasting protein I've ever had.  I've been drinking it almost every day for the past several months and I still love it every time.

http://amzn.com/B002DYJ1EC

Best Answer

I use the Lean Shakes from GNC. Seem to have a good balance and taste. Come as drinks in a plastic jar or as a powder you can mix.

Best Answer

Onnit Hemp Force is where it's at. They make protein powder and protein bars in chocolate and vanilla-acai flavors. Both VERY tasty, and all their products are made with natural and organic ingredients. I can't drink any other protein shakes or eat any other bars after discovering Onnit. I only order my supplements from them, all their products work and are tasty, and I'm as picky as they get when it comes to this stuff. Check them out.... ONNIT www.ONNIT.com

Best Answer

Hey, Thx for the suggestion. Will try it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Premium Protein Bars are among the best I've ever had (and they don't cost an arm and a leg). My doctor required me to get between 20-30 grams of protein at breakfast. As a former no-breakfast eater, this was HARD. I turned to these. At 30 grams per bar, you'd think they'd taste like chalk. But, I buy a variety pack at BJs or Sam's and there's a carmel, yogurt covered, and chocolate. The carmel one tastes like a What-ch-ma-call-it and is wonderful!  I love the yogurt covered one, too. The chocolate is my least favorite, but that's only because I don't like chocolate covered chocolate. My husband said it's great. I also like Pure Protein bars, but they are a little more "chewy."  As far as drinks, I like the EAS ADVANTage (Lean 15 line) drinks with zero sugar and 17g of protein.  All of these bars have little to no sugar which is the goal of my doctor.  Best of luck to you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried the "ALT" Larabars? They have 10g of protein and the best part about them... they have like 5-6 ingredients and it's all natural ingredients (no preservatives, no artifical anything). They taste good too! 🙂 It's amazing you can look at bars from other brands and see the ingredients take up half the packaging but these just say "peanuts, dates, pea protein, brown rice syrup, brown rice flour, sunflower oil." That's it.

Not sure if this helps!

Best Answer

chocolate almond milk! Mmmm

Best Answer

Second the Lara bars...... not ladden with fructois or "funny" sweetners and the few ingrediates in them you can pronounce!

It's a treat that's at least close, to healthy.

Too many sugar filled GMO ladden unhealthy bars on the market.

Jay

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like Elite Gourmet Swiss Chocolate shake.  I buy it on Amazon....  I am very picky too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found this place on amazon as well that sells the best natural peanut butters.  Great on rice cakes and ezekial....  Can't find it anywhere...  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DE...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the Quest brand double chocolate chunk and also chocolate brownie protein bars to be very good. I also like the Luna Chocolate Peppermint Stick bars as well.

Best Answer

No joke, I would rather eat a Quest bar than a candy bar. That's how good they taste IMO. I just ordered 2 boxes of the new cookies and cream flavor. Microwave a chocolate chip cookie dough one, and you'll think you're eating a fresh baked cookie. Cleanest profile for any health bar i've seen.

Best Answer

I love Quest Bars! They have heaps of flavours.

Best Answer

i like clif builder bars the best, esp. the smores and vanilla almond flavors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Blend the chocolate. Nothing better Smiley Wink

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Love the Quest Bars!! try their new flavor ... S'mores .... Unfortunately only sold online, but if you want to buy at GNC, get cookies & cream 🙂
Best Answer

We like JuicePlus Complete Protein Chocolate. All organic, raw, non-GMO, lots of good stuff in it. We can blend it with almond milk (choc or original) spinach, cherries, and it is like an extremely healthy liquid brownie! Yummo!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I meant to say the JuicePlus Complete Protein Chocolate Powder. Der. Sorry! 

Best Answer
0 Votes