Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grains

ANSWERED

Does anyone know where I can find the research to back up this statement? I’m confused why Fitbit is advising we eat the same things farmers use to fatten cattle before slaughter.

C8171A34-CE6B-47F4-B3CF-927722EA4723.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, Janelle~ I am insulin resistant and, yes, whole grains or any grains will set off a vicious cycle of too much then not enough insulin. By cutting out all grains, I’ve reversed my pre-diabetes and painlessly lost 25 pounds. Check out Virtahealth.com for tons of valuable information backed by science to get more info. Or take a look at any of Gary Taubes books. Just like cutting out grains isn’t for everyone, neither is having 3 servings a day of them. You do you! 🙂 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Whole grains contain fiber and more nutrients.  I'm not going to look up the research for you that fiber is healthy, but that shouldn't be hard to find.  Maybe you should be asked to back up your premise that farmers care about making sure the grains they feed their cattle are actually whole grains.  I expect they care about whatever the cattle will eat that is cheapest and fattening, not whether it is whole grain.  It might well be that they grow the grain themselves so it is easiest to just feed the whole grain.  If you eat enough of anything, it will make you fat.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi @Janelle10127  to be sure @JohnnyRow is right. I just read over six different articles. The articles from the US Federal Government, the Mayo Clinic and many more say that grains are healthy. There are some articles about "anti nutrients" but it's easy enough to just tap on the X and remove any messages you don't want from Fitbit. It's true, in all things moderation, including grains.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whole grains such as farro, barley, oats, brown rice contain a lot of fiber. Fiber is good for the gut, aids in feeling full longer and helps with waste elimination.  Whole grains contain protein and nutrients.    What farmers feed their cattle to fatten them is usually corn , if you want healthier beef choices go for grass fed only,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Janelle~ I am insulin resistant and, yes, whole grains or any grains will set off a vicious cycle of too much then not enough insulin. By cutting out all grains, I’ve reversed my pre-diabetes and painlessly lost 25 pounds. Check out Virtahealth.com for tons of valuable information backed by science to get more info. Or take a look at any of Gary Taubes books. Just like cutting out grains isn’t for everyone, neither is having 3 servings a day of them. You do you! 🙂 

Best Answer