Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a hard time eating "in my zone"...

ANSWERED

Hello!

Erik here, about one month and one week into my Fitbit, and I have lost an average of 9 lbs. 

I been enjoying practicing mindfulness, regular exercise, and participating in week or weekend challenges...

The only thing I cannot seem to master, is eating in my "zone". The plan for losing weight, that I selected via Fitbit, is the high level, which equals out to 2 lbs. a month. For all but three days I been on plan, I find myself on the gauge as being "under"; and for the aforementioned three days I been "over". Though I find logging the food is helpful, especially in making choices, and I have seen results, I worry that if I am "under" constantly, it's going to backfire and mess with my progress. How does one get into the "zone", and stay there? How am I supposed to read the calories in/calories out in anticipation that I end the day "in the zone"? 

Just a heads up, I am currently 289 lbs., 5'11", if that helps in mentioning...and I am 44.

Thank you!

Erik

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

For me, I am having a similar issue but it is in regards to timing.  Fitbit assumes the calories I burn each day based on history.  When I eat breakfast around 8 am, it shows me as way under,  when I eat lunch it is usually still under, but when I log dinner I am usually over.   As long as my daily calories in are the projected 1000 less than the calories out, I don't worry about it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

For me, I am having a similar issue but it is in regards to timing.  Fitbit assumes the calories I burn each day based on history.  When I eat breakfast around 8 am, it shows me as way under,  when I eat lunch it is usually still under, but when I log dinner I am usually over.   As long as my daily calories in are the projected 1000 less than the calories out, I don't worry about it.

Best Answer

Like most things, everything is a guardrail to protect us from ourselves. The zone is based on the accuracy of data which is as accurate as it can be, but not absolute. If you are not massively over or under at the end of the day, then you should be OK. The "struggle" is daily, but the result is average of daily. So as long as for the week, you are at your goal and you see progress- enjoy the fruit of your labor. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thank you for getting me to relax a little 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your perspective, and your keeping things rational. I ended up losing my poop, gaining some weight back and turning to Noom, then Weight Watcher. I returned back to this app because I really want to lose this weight on Fitbit, and your "guardrail" analogy helps. Although, after I read this, I been trying to meet my calorie goal all day (now I am over, give it two hours I will be in the zone, or even under - got a lot of activity today). Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes