Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with mindless snacking

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone out there has any tips to help with mindless snacking when you're bored?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @SunsetRunner! I think a lot of people have this same issue. I have a few suggestions that help me. First, any time I go to the kitchen for a snack, I ask myself if I'm actually hungry or if I'm just going to have something to do. Next, I try to keep my snack in a more inconvenient location, so I won't think of them. If they're front and center, they're easier to reach for. Finally, when I do reach for them, I try to portion them out, so that I don't have a whole bag of something, I only have one portion, so when I eat that, it's done.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Community forums @SunsetRunner! 

I definitely have a problem with mindless snacking, particularly throughout the past year. I've learned that as long as I have those snacks in my house I'll eat them, so I opted to remove them from my shopping list. 

It can be counterproductive if you're really used to snacks in the middle of the day, so if what's the case it may be better to replace unhealthy snacks with healthier options as much as possible. I've really gotten used to have some fruit, yogurt, granola bars, tea and more! 😀

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes