Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homemade smoked mussels

I am looking for some tried and tested recipes to smoke some mussels. I was also wondering if they would be a healthy snack?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@jackieallan77 What a great day to step into the community!

I think that you can make any recipe healthy choosing the right ingredients. Did you check these two: Easy Smoked Mussels with Garlic Butter and Smoked & Steamed Fresh Mussels. Hope you can let us know how it goes with these two recipes. 

I'll be looking forward to your new comments!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
          Recipe of smoke mussels:

Ingredients :

about a half stick butter (1/4 cup)
• 1 cup chicken broth
• fresh grated garlic
• half of a lemon
• fresh parsley, chopped
• Mussels. We used about a pound of our 5-pound bag. This made about four servings, or two heaping bowls of smoked mussels for sharing.

1. Instruction:

1-Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees.
2-Rinse the mussels in cold water. The mussels should still be alive. Any open mussel should close once rinsed. Discard any broken mussels and any which do not close when rinsed.
30Melt the butter together with the chicken broth and garlic in the dutch oven. Bring to a boil.

1. 4- Add the mussels and cover. Allow to boil about 4 minutes, or until most of the mussels are opened.

5-Turn off the heat and add the squeezed lemon.

2. 6- Serve with large garlic croutons or crusty bread.
Best Answer
0 Votes