Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change information for calorie intake on the Dashboard?

Hi,

I went to the doctor today have to have back surgery but before I can schedule it, I must lose 20 lbs and lower my BG.  I want to change the calorie intake on my Dashboard but I don't know how to get in to do it. I want to set it up according to my doctor's recommendations.  Hopefully someone can guide me to make the change.  I like using the food log and believe it or not according to my doctor I haven't been eating enough so I need to up the daily calories.  Thanks for your help. 🙂

mthomps3
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

your calories are determined by your stats and the amount of weight you told your fitbit you want to lose. It is basing the deficit on that information. So change what you entered and it will change your calories. I am curious however about you not losing because you aren't eating enough.. in order to lose weight you have to be in a caloric deficit. Even if your caloric deficit is huge, chances are you aren't "starving" and holding on to calories. It is more likely that you might be underestimating what you are eating and not logging your food accurately if you aren't losing weight. I would maybe track with more accuracy for the next two weeks or so... weigh and log every single thing. If your in is less than your out- you will lose weight. You can read more if you like about "starvation mode" here: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thank you @emili for sharing the link. I've read the article before and shared it with others. Prior to reading it, I always scratched my head in wonder when I heard someone say, you need to eat more to lose weight, you aren't getting enough calories. Logically, if that was true nobody would start to death. 

@mthomps3You can edit your calorie burned goal via the dashboard on the Web. Find the box that shows your steps, calories, miles, active minutes, stairs (depending on your tracker), hover your mouse the box until you see a gear icon, click the icon (see picture), you will then see the option to edit (see pic). 

Hope that helps you and good luck with your weight loss goal.

the gear icon is highlightedthe gear icon is highlightededit your goalsedit your goals

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer