Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export my food logs?

Hi there

Wondering if someone has experienced this? I've requested an export of my data via Google Takeout, and it includes all of my logs (Heart rate etc etc) but not my food logs.

Has anyone else experienced and solved this issue?

Kind regards,
Andy

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello & welcome @AndyGUK 

I'm not familiar with Google Takeout. This page explains: How to export Fitbit data 

According to that page, it looks like you should be able to export your food logs. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much for your reply RiekoC.

Yep, I've followed the steps you mention - step 3 takes you to "Google Takeout" which (since Fitbit was acquired by Google in 2021) appears to be the method Fitbit have now chosen (or been mandated to use by Google) for exporting data.

I've completed this export, but the food data is missing from the export data.

I contacted Fitbit support yesterday but they passed me off to Google! Doesn't seem like a very joined up support service, so I just wondered if someone in the community had seen this problem and had managed to resolve it.

Many thanks.

Best Answer

Well, drat @AndyGUK . I was hoping for a more positive result. I agree that this transition from Fitbit to Google doesn't seem as well coordinated as we would expect or hope for. 

It might be worth posting your question in the product forum for your Fitbit or in the Platform forum (Apple / Android). Those forums tend to have more traffic/users who might be able to help. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RiekoC 

If @AndyGUK migrated to logging in with a google account, the options to export takes a user to Google Takeout.  The download is different from the old Fitbit method which allowed a user to selectively choose what data a to download, Google Takeout downloads all your Fitbit data.

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer
Thanks Gary.

I'm currently talking with Fitbit support on this and another separate
issue.

I will try to post back here on the outcome in case others come across this
in the future
Best Answer

Has anyone been successful in exporting their food log data?  I'm struggling with this now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scooter028 

I just downloaded my data from the export page, and I'm not seeing and food data in the file.

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears that the food logs export into the "global export data" folder in the google takeout fitbit zip file.  However, it's in JSON format and mine was named "food_logs-0.json". I was able to use excel/power query to convert the JSON file to xlsx but not all of the nutritional information exported.  The calories for each item and day were correct, but for some foods the detailed nutritional information did not export.  

Best Answer