Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Resist Late Night Sugar Cravings

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm doing my best to stick to a 750 calorie deficit per day in order to get rid of an extra 30lbs that I've been carrying around.  I'm a pretty healthy eater, so to hit my deficit I need to control my portions, limit snacking and eat little to no bread, pizza, pasta, cookies or cake.  I can stick to the plan for most of the day... but I crave sugar late at night (after 9pm).

I've tried to get rid of the suggary snacks in my house, but when I'm craving sweets I will dig to the long-forgotten back of the pantry or the permafrosted bottom of the freezer to find last year's Halloween candy leftovers or that congealed ice pop.

Do others crave late-night sugar?  If so, what do folks do to stave-off the sweets?  Any strategies are welcome!

Thanks.

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@MarilynL I was over 300lb. When I actually recorded myself from the point I started doing something about my weight I was 292. Now I'm 213. Still not at the comfort zone(150-170) but I can live with it. Atleast I don't feel like I'll drop dead anyday like before. I still have a lot of steam left in me and I'll keep on going and keep myself being physically active for life. That is my life long goal. Being physically active even if I hit my goal weight. Smiley HappySmiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

Best Answer
Well done Andy DandyPandy you have done well and you know what to do. What
a marvelous success keep it up 😄

--
www.MarilynLJewelry.com
Best Answer

When I have that kind of craving, I brush my teeth. It helps me to stay focused on my goal. Also I go to bed early (approx: 9:30) except on Friday and Saturday. 

Trust me... brushing really helps 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Change your sugar snack like cookies , etc etc with natural source of sugar like apple or banana 

it contain low calories 

100 g apple contain +/- 50 kcal

100 g banana contain +/- 70 kcal

worked on me , and already loss 16.7 kg in +/- 3 month , with +/- 1500-2000 cal in every day

Best Answer

I just started reading the book Zero Sugar Diet so I can't testify to the results yet, but it has a lot of information about dealing with and minimizing your intake of sugar, particularly the added sugar in most processed foods.

Best Answer
0 Votes