Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a Crockpot for Christmas

Hey there!

I'm looking for some guidance on this and I know you guys can help me! Cat Happy I'm planning to get a crockpot for Christmas, but I'm a bit lost on how to get started. Here's my dilemma:

1. I was eyeing the 3 in 1 crockpot, but I'm not sure if they are too many mini crockpots or should I get a larger one instead. If I get a larger one, is there a problem if you don't fill it or cook smaller portions?
  2.  I can't seem to find a lot of recipes for smaller portions. I'm wondering if I make a big batch on the crockpot, how can I store it?
  3. Pinterest is full of freeze + store + cook guides, but many of them have sauces, spices and products I cannot find or are pricy. If I make the sauces, soups and blends from scratch; will it affect the cooking process?

Phew! They were plenty of questions, but I do need a bit of guidance since all I have right now are a bunch of pinned recipes. Cat Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

There are some great crockpot liners out there ---- they're clean, safe and disposable; no crockpot mess to cleanup.  Glad you're loving your crockpot ---- enjoy using it and don't be afraid to experiment; there's a great reward in trying new variations of recipes.  Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i found that this website is awesome for adjusting the recipes for serving sizes. you just enter the number of servings and it automatically does the work for you.

http://allrecipes.com

Best Answer

That's a great tool.  Thanks for sharing.  I'll look into it.  Golda T.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just checked the website --- don't see how/where you can enter number of servings so it can adjus the serving sizes.  Could you clarify???  G.T.

Best Answer
0 Votes

open a recipe and it is near top of recipe in blue text. it says edit and save and below that it says change servings.  You need to actually open up the recipe where it lists ingredients.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for the clarification. also tried the different categories but found that I could not open the recipes without going Pro option.  this part is frustrating since I'm not ready to commit to Pro until I check out how the recipes work for me.  time will tell, I guess. G.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent suggestion @RachAlexander and @GoldaT . While I have not purchased it yet, I have a plan already figured out Smiley Wink

Happy holidays!

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck with your plan.  Best wishes for the holidays. Golda Tyla

Best Answer
0 Votes

that is so strange.  I don't understand why you can't view the recipes? Pro option? ok I found the pro option.

Could this be different countries? for instance a Canada and US site?

Here's the link that I go to:  http://allrecipes.com/

I have never had a problem viewing recipes, changing serving sizes, and printing recipes.  I have the clear plastic sheets I put the recipes in and secure them in a duotang book.

I wish I knew where the problem was.  WIshing you luck figuring it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The slow cooker liners work great. I get them a lot of the time because I generally hate cleaning and they don't have any trouble sticking. As for size, I have a 4qt. one just for me and that seems to handle most everything I want to do. It can make larger batches of things without getting too carried away!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a 9 qt crock pot and use it alot.  I generally make stews and soups.  It is so wonderful to come in from work and smell delicious food!  I make it a point to use it when I know I'm going to have a demanding day at work.  I look forward to walking in the door.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
My crockpot is the most useful cooking item in my collection --- a lot of
times, I've even set it up to simmer & cook overnight; everything turns out
so tender and tasty. And the smell of my wonderful stew or whatever just
makes me feel good & glad that I made the effort. I heartily recommend a
crockpot for anyone who wants good, old-fashioned, hearty meals without a
lot of fuss and preparation.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for your answers! I might  jump in and get the Ninja Cooking system as @KD47 suggested, it is gorgeous! 

Best Answer
0 Votes