Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to make oatmeal taste better?

I bought some Apple & Cinnamon oatmeal, and I just ate a packet. It tastes way mooshy. It needs something sturdy to it, or something crunchy added. I also wouldn't mind being able to add chocolate to the oatmeal or something Smiley Happy

Best Answer
430 REPLIES 430

okay thats good too hear 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Steel cut oats (not instant) cooked stovetop mixed with PB2 is a favorite of mine.

If you're in a pinch with the instant, maybe try to cook it a little shorter than needed?

That sounds like a nice savory variation.  I'll give it a try.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

We use only whole rolled oats. It doesn't  take long about 15 mins. We add a couple of chopped dried apricots, fresh chopped apple and for variety frozen mixed berries. I that them a bit in the microwave. Then I  mix a trip of each Chia, ground flax, sunflower seeds and chopped walnuts. It's all good so add or minus as you like. If you want sugar free add Splenda Brown sugar. Oh ya I  put cinnamon and a dash of vanilla

Best Answer

I usually buy the big paper bag of Quaker Minute Oats...

• add oats straight to smoothie for extra fibre
  • cook in a pot and add coffee cream, a tbsp honey or 2-3 tbsp. of jelly (I like no-sugar-added strawberry-rhubarb jam).
  • bake low-sugar cookies
  • Follow instructions on the bag and add granola, nuts, berries, the oatmeal and greek yoghurt in a jar overnight for a morning parfait on-the-go
Best Answer
Tell me about your low sugar cookies.
BeaJ

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't eat cookies or, cakes, but if I did I would substitute Splenda for Sugar and apple sauce for oilSent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a happy medium between Instant and Old Fashioned:

I'm using quick cook steel cut oats with fairlife 2% milk (13g of protein )

Use 3/4 milk, 1/4 oats.  

Bring milk to boil, stir in oats, reduce heat for 7 minutes.  

Let stand 1 minute after removing from heat.

I'll add a tablespoon of honey and a splash of vanilla extract. 

Filling!

Best Answer
Sounds delicious. I have a VERY fuzzy eater so, I'll have to pass it on and try to get him to try it.Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer
0 Votes
👍🏻

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Irish oatmeal are groats of whole oats which have been chopped into two or three pinhead-sized pieces, hmmm it's so nice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Change your mindset. Sugar is a flavor just as Vanilla or lemon or apple are. Get used to the fact that oatmeal is a grain and can be eaten like any other grain. Think of it as a pilaf alternative.

Cook it in broth and add parsley for an evening side dish.

Chop apple, add fresh cranberries or cinnamon to the apples and hot water and cook.

Try steel cut for a change. It is chewy and not putty.

eat it with Greek yogurt.

Best Answer
Interesting thought!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been making “Oatmeal Slurry”. A banana, 1 cup cooked and
refrigerated steel cut oatmeal, 1 cup unsweetened almond silk milk, 50 gram
frozen mango and 50 gram frozen sliced peaches. Run it thru a smoothie
maker. Yields 3 cups. You can add little bit of rabbit stew, but most
people don’t like hare in their stew.
--
Nick Doshi
314-898-6732
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use plain old oats. I add 100mls of water to 40grams oats the night before . Then in the morning just add more water and cook/boil on stove till mushy. Add nuts or raisins if you like. I add cinnamon and 1% milk or a little brown sugar for a treat.  Porridge is mushy. An acquired taste I suppose.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try 25 grams of whole rolled oats, 3/4 cup of water, in microwave for 2 mins

Then; add half a scoop of PEScience protein powder, it comes in yummy flavours like chocolate cupcake, snickerdoodle, peanut butter cup ...

Then I top with something like coconut or almond milk, or greek yogurt 

mmhhh

Best Answer

Tastes just like apple crumble:

grate 1/2 cup of zucchini into a bowl, add 1/2 cup rolled oats, seed mix,  1/2 apple chopped up, boiling water - microwave for 2.5 mins until oats are fully cooked and apple is soft, stopping occasionally to mix.

sprinkle with a little bit of granola, pour over some soy milk for creaminess.

so so delicious 

Best Answer

I used to eat oats every morning until I read recently that almost all oats are contaminated with roundup which is harmful to health.   

In testing done by Friends of the Earth (FOE), 100 percent of oat cereal samples tested positive for residues of glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup herbicide.1 While there are multiple reasons to reconsider the health value of oats, including their lectin content, the rampant use of glyphosate on this crop as a desiccant just prior to harvest, and their subsequent glyphosate contamination, is worthy of attention.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, that's not good but, if that doesn't kill you some other toxin will,I'm pretty sure you can buy organic oats Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, grocery carts are known to cause cancer.

Best Answer

LOL I love it!

Best Answer
0 Votes