Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to make oatmeal taste better?

I bought some Apple & Cinnamon oatmeal, and I just ate a packet. It tastes way mooshy. It needs something sturdy to it, or something crunchy added. I also wouldn't mind being able to add chocolate to the oatmeal or something Smiley Happy

Best Answer
430 REPLIES 430
I visited a friend in her new home and she served it for breakfast. I really enjoyed it too!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
With that reasoning anything can be consumed.
Best Answer

I normally do a 1/2 cup of oats, 4 tablespoons of pb2 powder, cinnamon, 3/4 cup of plant milk, and a little brown sugar for some sweetener. Then on top I add in some fresh fruit. 

Best Answer

I recently made oatmeal muffins.  They aren't super sweet or savoury (the apple ones do not have added sugar, so feel free to add some yourself.  The savoury ones don't have salt or pepper.  Again, feel free to do whatever).  Baked them and froze all of them.  If I feel like having one for breakfast, I'd just stick it in the toaster oven to reheat.  The savoury ones are great with hummus or guacamole while the sweet ones are great dipped in yogurt.  

Best Answer

In my opinion, steel cut oats (not 3-minute or instant) is the best. The texture is far superior to instant oat flakes.  When I make mine, as the oats have maybe 1-2 minutes left to cook, I add cinnamon and a few packets of equal.  I've also added diced apples, blueberries or strawberries but most of the time just cinnamon and sugar.

Best Answer

Great idea.  I wonder if I can use cooked steel cut oats to make these muffins.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone, interesting topic! 

I struggle with this a little bit as well, since I eat oatmeal almost every day. 

But just by adding a few extra stuff like cinnamon, berries or other fruits has worked great for me. Changing the presentation is also a good way to go, so trying with muffins and oatmeal pancakes have has been fantastic too. 😀

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

@writergal28 wrote:

I recently made oatmeal muffins.  They aren't super sweet or savoury (the apple ones do not have added sugar, so feel free to add some yourself.  The savoury ones don't have salt or pepper.  Again, feel free to do whatever).  Baked them and froze all of them.  If I feel like having one for breakfast, I'd just stick it in the toaster oven to reheat.  The savoury ones are great with hummus or guacamole while the sweet ones are great dipped in yogurt.  

Thanks for sharing.  I like the idea of savory oatmeal muffins.  Wouldn't have thought to caution folks NOT to use dried black beans in the recipe ... but if you like 'em crunchy, even before the toaster, dried might be the way to go. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use John McCann Steel Cut Oatmeal and add bananas and raisins after my gym workout.

Best Answer

Very good oatmeal @snoseas😋

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad that you enjoyed it! 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes