Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juice= water?

ANSWERED

Does juice count directly as water in my water consumption?   In other words does 8 ounces of orange juice for example equal 8 ounces of water or is it half or none at all?  Trying to keep track of my water intake… 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

https://blog.fitbit.com/water-coffee-tea/

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

https://blog.fitbit.com/water-coffee-tea/

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I only count water or tea towards my water goal.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Regardless of whether or not you decide to count juice towards your water goal, hydration only plays a minor role for health (and/or weight loss).

Check this graph taken from Understanding Healthy Eating (a book I mentioned in this older topic😞

2017-09-10_1723.png 

Although water intake is one of the metrics included in Fitbit, it’s better not to get too caught up in it. There are more important aspects in your nutrition (some of which can also be tracked with Fitbit).

Also note that 8 ounces of orange juice is quite a few calories (about 100). Generally speaking, it’s not such a good idea to consume calories in liquid form if/when you’re looking to lose weight, as it’s not going to be as filling as solid food. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would both count it as water and add the calories. Your body does not really care in which way it gets the water. It will also use the water in soup and other foods (e.g. yoghurt) to stay hydrated. Ofcourse, different drinks and foods have different (de-)hydrating effects as well as other impacts (calories, sugars etc.). Coffee for example has a hydrating effect, but you don't want to consume too much of it due to the caffeine in it.

While I agree with @Dominique that water does not have the biggest impact on your weight loss, I think it is very important to keep your kidneys healthy. It will also help to recover from work outs as your lymphatic system has enough fluids to use.

If your goal is to lose weight I can only echo his suggestion to stay away from liquid calories. Get your hydration from water/tea (calories free drinks) and calories from food, that way you can stay the most full while keeping calories down.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

I mostly avoid juice because of the calories and because it means I’m missing out on the nutrients in the pulp, but i do sometimes add it to ice water (about 20%) for mild sweetness and flavor.  A 20% ratio is an acquired taste, but once acquired, makes regular juice seem way too sweet.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes
But... isn't tea a diuretic? I don't see how coffee and tea can be hydrating. I appreciate the rest of your answer though very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ogbg73

Good news, tea is not diuretic, unless you use like 6 bags to make a cup 😉 . There are quite some old believes that are debunked in the meantime, but will need time before we stop believing them. If you google you can find quite some articles about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

fluid pushes fluid so its important to drink. Its good for your organs and also for skin. you always know folks who don't drink enough because they have chapped lips in the summer. I myself do not drink juice because of the calories, sugar and reading labels to ensure its pure juice is more than I want to do. But, I also do not get hung up on how much I drink and the source of fluid. There are certain times of the day that I will drink water because it is my habit to do so and it works out to about 40 oz of water. I drink two huge cups of coffee, I drink two cups of tea ( clearly I have caffeine issues) and I "go" frequently which tells me I am hydrated. On the weekends when adult beverages come into play, I double the water to ensure I am pushing more fluid to avoid bloating and other issues...

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
Very helpful thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Why tea? Isn't that a diuretic? You're The second person to mention that…

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Johnny, I read the article. This was the most helpful advice I got out of all of them thank you so much! 😉

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Ogbg73

I am happy you found the information you are looking for. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Best Answer

Thank you 😊 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Juice provide the energy of fruit and water.

Best Answer
0 Votes