Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keto Diet (Questions, Concerns and Challenges)

This is something for keto dieters hub. I have read a lot about it and would love to find other Keto dieters. Please ask questions and get involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5erzzj0GfY

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

There are quite a few adepts of the ketogenic diet/lifestyle in this community, for instance @Alicat2104, @Daves_Not_Here  and many others. Are you looking for the "ultimate" discussion forum related to the keto diet? This topic contains a recommandation for such a forum.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are cheese and butter keto?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A ketogenic diet is very high fat, moderate protein and very low carb. Butter is 100% fat and can thus qualify as being "keto". (Full-fat) cheese is fat + protein, so can be considered as a "keto-compatible". If you only consumed cheese and nothing else, your protein intake would likely be too high for you to reach ketosis. OTOH, who would eat a diet consisting exclusively of cheese?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

you can reach ketosis after 12h  by not eating any carbs ..

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes butter and cheese are keto- the higher quality the better- ie grass fed and organic so you stay away from pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics and hormones.  also I know a lot of these books and utube video people don't talk about the veggies but they are also hugely important for health...eat as many as you can and keep under your goal carb grams ….I tried 20 grams a day ….lost weight but couldn't keep at it with no home support so you might want to try a higher grams a day goal at first ...look to fresh alive foods if  you can rather than canned as they have high sodium content and preservatives ….good luck! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The high fat cheese and real butter are good foods for a Keto Lifestyle.

The term KETO is not a food label.  Keto is a lifestyle.   Butter Cheese and eggs are all good foods.

To be "Keto" is just a label.  Learn more and get results.   For your body and health these foods may be a good start.  BUT,  if you add ANY sugar to the butter,  then NO.

Best Answer

Yes. In fact, consuming cheese and butter is encouraged when you're living the Keto lifestyle. In fact, cheese is considered a perfect keto food as it is low in carbs and high in fat. The protein count in cheese is moderate which makes it a healthy keto-friendly option. Butter is also perfect for keto since it is a zero-carb, high-fat (as much as 80%) food item. Add to coffee in place of cream and the taste is amazing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes and no,   Butter is a fat, so yes enjoy lots of fats,

Cheese is a large group of types.   VERY fat is good.   Some are too lean.

Best Answer

That was a great video, thank you!

I had problem with meal prep and cooking in the past, going on a recipe hunt online just to make something to dinner. Buying a cookbook that included a meal plan was seriously a lifesaver to me.

So if you are like me, and would like to simplify your diet, I recommend this cookbook reviewed here: https://tastyketo.com/keto-cookbook/

It comes loaded with features and free extras, besides the almost 400 delicious recipes.

Take a look!

Best Answer

Hey, I've heard that bulletproof coffee is okay with keto diet and I wanna try to make it at home.

Does anyone here have an experience with it? Maybe recipe recommendations? 
As far as I understand I need a blender to make it. I can borrow a similar one from my friend, though it would be better if there is a way to make it without a blender? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My girlfriend and I are in love with the diet. Its been probably like 6 months so far, shes lost 40lbs and I'm sleeping incredibly well.

I struggled with the structure of my days at the beginning but I started using a meal plan. Been working awesome so far, good luck everyone.

If you're interested, this is what we used. https://bit.ly/39gKdam 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My girlfriend and I have been doing Keto again for the past 6 or so months. She lost nearly 40lbs, and I do it for the sleep benefits mainly. I find it incredibly difficult to stay on track unless I have some structure, so I'm not searching the web constantly for new recipes and plans, So if this helps anyone, then that's fantastic. We have been following this plan!  Loving the community! 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here @Sam95, thank you for sharing your experience with this plan. 

@peachyessay Butter is perfect for your keto lifestyle, as it's carb-free and about 80% fat. 😀 At least this is what I heard! Have you have a different experience with this?

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

hey dominique i recommande to read  28-day keto challenge will definitely help you 

https://bit.ly/3sTax1w

Best Answer
0 Votes