Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keto Diet -lost 20 lbs in 2- and half months, now its stalled out.

I went on Keto diet, and lost weight, now i feel the weight has stalled out.  i was keeping my carbs to only 20- 25 a day.    Any suggestions?   i work out 20 minuetes a day.    at the begaining of the Keto diet i felt "full"   now I feel hungry alot.   I am thinking my body has adjusted to the low carbs, should i lower the carb intake farther?  or try that cycling fast?  Thank you in advance 

Kim
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

You lost  20 lbs in 8 weeks, an average of 2.5 lbs per week, which is quite a lot (implies a daily deficit of 1250 calories). Of course, it depends on factors like your age, gender, height and starting weight, which we don’t know: if you were a 30-year old guy, 6’3 and weighing 300 lbs, 1250 calories could be a sustainable deficit. If, OTOH, you were a lot older and/or shorter and/or lighter and/or a lady, the same deficit could be excessive.  

Your weight loss has stalled because you’re no longer in a deficit. This can be the result of metabolic adaptation. Further reducing carbs may put you in ketosis if you’re not already, but it won’t do much to your deficit.

More information is needed in order to determine what to do next (above mentioned data about yourself). What is your current weight and what is your ultimate weight goal?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I am female -5 feet 3 inchs tall,   and currently weigh 121.4  ** i decided to use the "hardest"level on the food intake, its say 567 calories a day.  and see if that helps.   I have been keeping my carb amount to 20-25 carbs a day.  

and no not starving as meat as almost zero carbs, i snack on my Slim Jim's or Cheese sticks.

my lunch usually 2 hard eggs.  dinner grilled pork chops & cole slaw. etc   so i am eating healthy enough.

I drink plenty of water, sometimes zero calorie flavered water, or the added water flavors) 

Kim
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am female -5 feet 3 inchs tall,   and currently weigh 121.4  **   I decided to add weights to my work out, I do get severve neck pain if i lift too much. but i think between 1-3 lbd would be ok.

Kim
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, so you lost 14% of your starting weight in 2.5 months, which is a lot. You also started from a relatively lean level (BMI 25.0) and are now in the lower end of the normal weight range (BMI 21.4). My advice would be to focus on maintaining your current, lower weight for the next 3-4 months (or longer), so as to establish a new settling point and rebuild your metabolism. You may even want to regain a little if deciding to reintroduce carbs in your diet. Low-carb/keto diets tend to be popular among overweight people who are diabetic/pre-diabetic/insuline-resistant. It’s probably not your case (especially if you’re young, which I don’t know, but I’m guessing you are, based on your desire to lose even more), given your weight. So unless you absolutely love the keto lifestyle, I see no reason to stick to that approach. It’s perfectly possible for you to maintain your weight, or even lose some more (later on) eating far more carbs.

How about your activity level? What has been your average step count during the past three months? My guess is you’ve had to be super-active in order to lose so much in such a short time.

As to having neck pain when lifting weights, can you be more specific? There are a range of exercises you can do that should not cause neck pain. Or maybe there’s some underlying cause to it (for instance, related to ergonomy at work). Have you asked advice from a physiotherapist?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you for your suggestions!    Ithik i will just keep adding more workouts. I do have a neck bulge, or something, and will be going to a physical therapist.  

thank you for all your great ideas

Kim
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate to say it, but when I was 20 I weighted about 128 pounds (5'7" tall) and I thought I was fat.

Look at the insurance charts and see where you need to be. Especially if you someday want children. It does not do you any good to be super thin no matter who is on the cover of Vogue.

Multiply your insurance chart ideal weight by 13 and that's the calories to eat. That's what we were taught 20 or so years ago, and it is pretty sound.

Best Answer
0 Votes

if you are on keto you should not feel hungry ,but you need to check what are you eating ,and there is a lot of hidden carbs in food.check again all the labels.thx

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been eating  keto for a while and have found that too much protein will give me a energy crash. I ate  the other day pepperoni sticks (6oz) and pork rinds (6oz) over 1 hour. sounds like a quick low carb filing meal when driving. Had a loss of energy and felt tired  that lasted about 30 minutes. I think it was a sugar crash from insulin.

High levels of proteins get turned into glucose and cause the release of insulin. This is a carb type effect from eating protein causing insulin release. insulin pushes the body from a fat burn to a fat store mode.

I normally try to do hard cheese as a road snack because it has more fats and does not give me the sleepy lose of energy effect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes