Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low carb

ANSWERED

Can Fitbit count carbs instead of calories?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Cenie - I also count carbs but I use the Atkins app to record my food since it is mainly focused on carbs. Atkins will sync to Fitbit. Basically, you would login to the Atkins app … Find the section for connecting another account. This section is often called "Apps" or "Connect" … follow the instructions. Eventually, it will prompt you to login to your Fitbit app to complete the process. 

Good luck! How how you doing?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

It doesn't necessarily count carbs, but you can see you carb totals when you go into your food log.  If you log everything you eat, it provides a break down of carbs, fat, fiber, protein and sodium intake.   I do low carb and count calories and it is a very beneficial tool.   The desktop version shows the fiber.  The phone app shows just the fat, carbs and protein.   

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Cenie

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about carbs. 

As @Singer419 mentioned earlier, you can see information for carbs in the Macronutrients shown on the Fitbit app, along with fat, fiber, protein and sodium intake, but there is no carb carb tracker in the app or the devices. 

However, this idea has been posted on the Feature Suggestion board of the Community and it is currently Under Consideration status as you can check here. Make sure to add your vote and comments as well, since this section is constantly reviewed by the team of developers. 

Hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cenie - I also count carbs but I use the Atkins app to record my food since it is mainly focused on carbs. Atkins will sync to Fitbit. Basically, you would login to the Atkins app … Find the section for connecting another account. This section is often called "Apps" or "Connect" … follow the instructions. Eventually, it will prompt you to login to your Fitbit app to complete the process. 

Good luck! How how you doing?

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing that tip, @SunsetRunner!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you 😊 I will try that.

Best Answer

Let us know how it goes, @Cenie!  

Best Answer
0 Votes