Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making your own bread

I’ve experimented with making my own bread lately, using recipes and techniques found on YouTube. Here is what I got today (quite happy with the result):

pain campagne.jpg

It does require a bit of work and planning in advance, especially since I’m also making my own sourdough (as opposed to using baker’s yeast), but it’s incredibly satisfying to be able to eat your own home-made bread. The sourdough is only rye flour and water (I also just started a second one made with apple and honey). As to the bread itself, it’s only wheat flour (rustic one, not a white one), water, salt and said sourdough. Thanks to the sourdough, this type of bread is still good after 3-4 days, even though there are no preservatives or other additives.

Is anyone else making bread at home?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Dominique  that looks great! Homemade bread is always a treat. Every Christmas a neighbor brings over a load of her wheat bread. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

That looks good! Homemade Bread is always the best.

I use to make it all the time. But haven't done it in a while. I think one of the reasons I quit is my DH tends to go over board on the homemade stuff and eats way to much. That and Peanut butter are his worse enemy's. He would eat a jar in a day. So he quit buying it. 

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I make my own bread. Different types and usually shaped somehow (I like braided loafs, nice scoring etc.). I don't use bread maker but take my time to prepare dough. The more work I put in, the better it tastes. I don't eat shop bought. Sometime, if I need some bread I make qick breads or flat breads.

Best Answer

I got a bread maker awhile ago and love the thing. Just mix a bunch of ingredients together in a pan ,push a few buttons and 3 hours later i have bread.

I found a book called 300 Best Canadian Bread Machine recipes in a thrift shop and have been using that. Great stuff. I haven't done sourdough yet because creating the sourdough bacterial mash looks like a lot of work.

Best Answer

Great recipes, thanks for sharing!! 

I'll definitely give these a try. I love the smell of recently baked bread 🍞 🍞

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I have been making my own bread! I made half of my recipe as a loaf and the other half I have been using as pizza dough. I made 1 huge batch and keep the dough in the fridge and use it as needed. It continues to rise even being in the fridge in a ziplock bag lol.

Best Answer

Great suggestion @sarahb29!  A good way to get the most out of the mix. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer