Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meal prep lunch ideas?

ANSWERED

No fruit, sugar, starchy veg and it needs to be a hot food - no salads.

Last week I made a giant batch of chili with beef and beans.  I had it over 2 cups of raw spinach and it was filling.  I need something for this week but don't really want chili the second week in a row.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MagsOnTheBeach - I don't know if you are going the low-carb route, but I'm cooking once a week using recipes from www.dietdoctor.com -- in particular, I make the spinach frittata, cauliflower rice, and the stir-fry cabbage recipes.  In fact, I just concocted the most scrumptious cabbage recipe (my made-up recipes are generally not fit for human consumption) that I shall now inflict on you and forum:

Using a food processor, shred a medium head of cabbage, an onion, and a Hillsdale 14 ounce precooked hot sausage (or equivalent).  Stir-fry the cabbage and onion in 4 tbsp of butter or olive oil on medium heat for 10 minutes until soft and done.  In the last 2 minutes of cooking, add a tablespoon of tumeric, stir in the sausage and heat through.  This makes 8 to 10 cups.  Be careful not to overeat -- it's pretty calorie dense at 250 calories per cup.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@MagsOnTheBeach - I don't know if you are going the low-carb route, but I'm cooking once a week using recipes from www.dietdoctor.com -- in particular, I make the spinach frittata, cauliflower rice, and the stir-fry cabbage recipes.  In fact, I just concocted the most scrumptious cabbage recipe (my made-up recipes are generally not fit for human consumption) that I shall now inflict on you and forum:

Using a food processor, shred a medium head of cabbage, an onion, and a Hillsdale 14 ounce precooked hot sausage (or equivalent).  Stir-fry the cabbage and onion in 4 tbsp of butter or olive oil on medium heat for 10 minutes until soft and done.  In the last 2 minutes of cooking, add a tablespoon of tumeric, stir in the sausage and heat through.  This makes 8 to 10 cups.  Be careful not to overeat -- it's pretty calorie dense at 250 calories per cup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the idea!  I made it last week - we call it eggroll in a bowl. 😄  

I'm not low-carb per se - I'm just lower carb for one more week (a total of 14 days).  I noticed I wasn't as focused on what i was eating so I moved from phase 2 back to phase 1 on DASH for Weight Loss.

I ended up making a big spaghetti squash and pasta sauce with lots of vegetables and ground beef.  I'm not crazy about spaghetti squash so if I decide I don't like it, I'll just chop up zucchini.  I'm glad I don't have to think about lunches this week!

I'm totally checking out that site!

Best Answer

Here's one I prepped this morning that you could do lots of variation of- Broccoli-Tofu bowls.

Base:  I used oatmeal - one cup cooked with two cups of water, one tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce), and garlic powder.  Quinoa or rice would work too.

Veggies:  In a pan, sauté minced garlic and add veggies.  I used broccoli, chopped butternut squash and mushrooms.  Season with salt and pepper.

Protein:  I used tofu.  Press water out (I love my tofu press), cube and sauté in pan with garlic powder and two teaspoons of tamari (soy sauce or liquid aminos work too.)

I topped it with some sesame seeds and crushed peanuts.  Lots of options to work into weekday lunch meal prep.  Super filling, especially with the oatmeal base.

Best Answer