Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure food while eating with a group.

ANSWERED

I'm used to eating alone and that's makes things easy. I measure the food before I cook it or put it on my plate. But if I have friends over and make, let's say, a salad, how do I measure the than? Having the scale on the table seems a bit extreme and I still wouldn't know how much I ate of each ingredient. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi!

If I am making the meal for a group I will work out the calories in the entire dish - then I just split it by a estimation of what I ate. e.g. If the entire meal is 5,000  kcal and I ate around 1/6th I would divide by 6 and pop 834 kcal into my tracker.

Then it also doesn't matter what everyone else eats Woman Happy

If I am eating at a friends then I will estimate... Often finding the calories in a similar restaurant meal as they tend to be higher in calories due to extra oils etc added than home cooking so I trust I will be covered.

Calories will always be an estimation but at least this will be as close as possible without weighing it out! x

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I just make an estimation. 

Best Answer

Hi!

If I am making the meal for a group I will work out the calories in the entire dish - then I just split it by a estimation of what I ate. e.g. If the entire meal is 5,000  kcal and I ate around 1/6th I would divide by 6 and pop 834 kcal into my tracker.

Then it also doesn't matter what everyone else eats Woman Happy

If I am eating at a friends then I will estimate... Often finding the calories in a similar restaurant meal as they tend to be higher in calories due to extra oils etc added than home cooking so I trust I will be covered.

Calories will always be an estimation but at least this will be as close as possible without weighing it out! x

Best Answer