Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new toy - a pasta extruder

I bought an attachment for my stand mixer to make my own pasta. I just used it this week to make bucatini. I made a sauce with canned tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic and spinach. Delicious. I'm going to try a spinach pasta next.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Sounds Yummy @betpchem

Yummy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds interesting. I will need to look into if they have one for my mixer.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds nice @betpchem. Care to share a picture of what you are creating with it? Maybe a recipe? Robot wink 

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's a picture of the extruder in action, @Mcore.

IMG_2522.JPG

And here's a picture of the final dish.

IMG_2523.JPG

The pasta was simple - it's mostly just flour and egg. I used half semolina flour and half all-purpose flour and I followed the recipe in the pasta maker cookbook. For the sauce, I just mixed garlic, onion, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of tomato paste and some spinach.

The recipe I'm going to use next is this:

http://www.marthastewart.com/313194/fresh-carrot-pasta-dough

and make carrot pasta. She uses a pasta roller here, but I'll adapt. 🙂

Best Answer

Kitten

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's so cool @betpchem and the dish looks delicious. Thank you for sharing the pictures and the recipe. I'll see what I can do to get my hands on this as well. Robot wink

Thanks again!

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's interesting. My husband is very fond of pasta, but those that sell in the store he does not like. The other day, my sister gave me an electric appliance that allows you to make pasta at home, to be honest, I thought it would be very difficult, but thanks to this electric appliance, I managed very quickly. After dinner, my husband was delighted and I called to tell my sister about it, she was surprised, because it was the device she won here https://www.cookwarestuffs.com/best-pasta-maker/ and she only gave it to me because she was too lazy to understand what it was. Now every Friday we invite my sister to macaroni.

Best Answer

Interesting, thank you for sharing @lora-housewife! Pasta is one of my favorite things in the world too! 

I usually don't make it myself, but I'm always looking at new ways to make things at home, this seems like a simple and quick way to make the pasta 😎

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes