Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfitness Pal VS Fitbit

I've been using the FB food tracker and recently was told to use MFP instead. Can anyone describe the benefits of MFP over the stock FB tracking?

Also if I use MFP, do I track my exercise in it or in FB?

I'd prefer not to us another app if possible so I am wondering why use MFP when FB seems to do the job?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I have used MFP and found it easy to use.  If you link the two programs, they will share their info.  I found MFP had more homemade food items in their food list.  I just started using Fitbit to track food.  I am having a little problem finding some foods in the Fitbit version.  There a lot more choices in MFP.

I don't see any reason to use another app if Fitbit is working for you.  I have not compared the counts for the same item in each app.  That might be something to check.

Best Answer
Great feedback! Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with @FBCruiser @that there is no good reason to change if recording Fitbit is working for you.  You’ve already invested the time to set it up.  I came to the same conclusion in reverse.  I was using MFP before I started using Fitbit. After a few weeks of logging there is a lot of repetition in what you eat so you wind up copying meals from prior days and the editing to speed up logging.  Switching means you have to start that process over so I just kept with MFP.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I found MFP was easier to log food and find what you had. If you had the same thing as the day before as then you can just copy the meal and not have to capture each item again.

On MFP you can change your macros and I think it does give you more details on the Nutrition Facts if you want to go down into that detail.

I said only use MFP if you are struggling to find the food you had or want more Nutrition facts on the food.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the UK, if I want to use barcode scanner Fitbit app is no go.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wonderful, thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to resurrect this one based on my MFP experience vs other Food Trackers.

MFP was being too generous with the calories earned from FitBit/Google Fit/Apple Health. A 60 minute bike ride won't burn 5,000 calories. And...go read the forums...the sync can be a regular issue with not syncing between FB and MFP.

LoseIt is pretty spot on numbers-wise, but to use FitBit with it...you have to pay. Let me tell you, it's worth it. Sync hasn't been an issue.

Cronometer works like FitBit Food Tracker. Start each day at BMR minus your set calorie deficit. Can use it with FitBit on Free and Premium levels. Sync hasn't been an issue.

I'm using the FB Food Tracker because it works, I like how it starts my calories at BMR MINUS Deficit AND everything is in one app. No syncing over to other apps.

Hope this helps.

-Glenn

Versa 3 | Windows 10 | Pixel 4a 5G | 10K Daily | FitBit Food Tracking
Best Answer