Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night Snacking

My husband and I take a vigourous walk every evening and afterwards I am always starving. What can I have for a snack that will help me? I end up eating more than I should I'm sure. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Fruit

Make a Smoothie with fruit

Veggies

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I would suggest looking at your dinner plan and adding more protein to keep you full. As a general rule, I don't eat anything after dinner but my family eats ice cream and other snacks in the evening.  When they do that I leave the room so I am not tempted.  It's hard, especially if you are the only one eating healthier and don't want the extra calories. I also think of what I am going to do to work that snack off and I usually talk myself out of it.  I don't want to work harder than I already am. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cupcakelove76 hey there and welcome to the forums.. are you asking because you want the snack to be nutritionally sound or low calorie? I would say that what you have depends on how many calories are left in your day to be used. I love having popcorn at night while I watch TV. I always leave room for my treat..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
Try nuts.
Fruit
Yogurt.
I sometimes have a tortilla or slice of bread depending on how hungry I am.
Charge HR, Charge 3, Charge 4
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome!

What are your goals? Are you trying to lose weight, or not gain weight? Depending on what your goals are, you need to stay within you allotted calories for the day. If you are just trying to make healthier choices, then fruits, veggies or nuts are a good snack and nutritious.

If you are starving though, you are probably eating too little during the day and might need to eat a bit more at your regular meals, then you might find you are not starving after your evening walks.

Welcome to the forums and wishing you happiness and much success.

Best Answer