Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Food - Very high heart rate (concerned)

ANSWERED

Hi all,

I have been trying to do intermittent fasting. I hadn't eaten since 8pm last night, had a lucozade zero in the morning, some nuts in the afternoon and forgot to have lunch. It is now 8pm the next day and I have eaten a sandwich and a bit of a protein bar but I have been highly wired all day long. My heartrate has got increasingly fast I have been well over 100 heart rate all day long (normal resting is 56 - female - 28 yo). I feel a little bit dizzy and concerned. Fitbit says I am burning alot of calories.

Is this normal for fasting (though the extremeties of this fasting is not intentional)?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you are concerned, eat something.  See if it helps.  You can always fast again another time.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

If you are concerned, eat something.  See if it helps.  You can always fast again another time.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Could be the energy drink?

Best Answer

I have done fasts up to 20-22 hours and have not had an increased heart rate like you are experiencing. It could be what you consumed, activity during your fast, or a number of other things. I agree with what jas been mentioned before, eat something and try a fast another time.

Best Answer

also double check your water intake....magnesium helps with heart rate and is something that we get rid of quite quickly through urination.....muscle cramps and stiffness can be due to low potassium and lack of hydration as well. muscles and joints need water to function well.  highly processed foods contain large amounts of salt which don't help any and if you drink energy drinks that can do it too they are also really hard on your kidneys ....good luck 🙂

Best Answer