Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLANT Based Fitbit-ers out there? Thought I'd share Herbie Fitbit group:)

Hi! I just wanted to share that we have a Herbie Fitbit -WFPB activity group going! Would love to hang here with other people of like minds:)

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

I'm plant powered too!

Best Answer

cool, i'll try to check it out.. my diet is mostly plant based but I do eat fish a few times a week. I can't sustain the lifestyle otherwise. I've tired many time but bc i'm so social, and i don't particulary LOVE veggies, I feel limiting myself to fish is the way to go. 

☼ The work I do on myself is not a goal, it is a process -- a lifetime process. I choose to enjoy the process. ☼
------------------------------------------------------------------
Fitbit friends!@thedizzyshakePinterest Anyone?
Best Answer

more the merrier! maybe, if WFPB is a goal, you will find some things along the way that stick/help! even if not, i love my facebook community (why i still check fb!) and at least you might make some friends! all about encouragement! no judgement welcome:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like a great opportunity! I am a new-ish vegetarian (3 years), currently weaning off of dairy. I struggle with keeping it fresh (no pun intended)-I'm picky about cookbooks that call for a lot of vegetarian junk food, and I struggle with consistently exercising each week. Any support or suggestions is appreciated! Excited to be a part of it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So happy to see this post.  I have been 98% vegan for about 1.5 years now and really enjoy being plant based.  Unfortunately, I have gained weight being vegan and have added some organic chicken to my diet, although I really would prefer not to.  Hoping to get some some good advice and information from everyone, as I would like to return to veganism.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great work !!   I would say I'm 98%ish...   That seems to work pretty good for me.

I've been a vegetarian for about 14 months, vegan for 4 months.

I have been enjoying so many new foods that I sometimes eat more than I should, but my overall weight loss has been steady. 

I run/swim 2-3 times a week.  When I get my exercise on a regular basis, I have a huge appetite, but its all healthy food that my body needs.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been plant based for 19 years now (10 veggie, 9 vegan) but that didn't stop me from gaining weight! The fitbit has been great so far and I've lost about 6 lbs in 3 weeks.
Best Answer

Hi I have been vegetarian for 30 years or so and just recently vegan..since I became more educated re egg production/treatment of animals..I am 66..perfectly healthy weigh about 53kg..so my lifestyle totally works for me..I also get lots of excercise..I should also say that a few years ago I was an obese couch potato and I just got off the couch one day and started walking! and never stopped..took me about 2 years to lose 30kg and get back to a healthy wt..I really commend and encourage anyone on their wt. loss journey..I know how hard it is!! If I can do it anyone can!!

Best Answer

Great story!  I am 60 and need that encouragement.  I would like to lose 10 lbs. but 5 would be great.  I find that my Fitbit helps keep me aware.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Fitbit i good cos it keeps me motivated to move!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello All.  I'm new to this plant based way of eating; probably 6 weeks now; and it's only part-time.  I do eat fresh boneless,skinless chicken and ground turkey in my plant based meals.  Chicken is great in salads.  For over two years now of exercise and changing my lifestyle habits, this is the first time I have seen a consistent drop in pounds.  I'm now up to 60 minutes of cardio/6X per week and on a plant based diet (lots of vegetables at meals and for snack) for the most part.  I have lost 6 lbs in five weeks.  This maybe the key to my large weight loss goal.  I will know tomorrow when I weigh in on Aria.  The trend needs to continue before I'm totally convinced.  Fitbit and Aria and a great combination of healthy living; keeps me motivated, on track and honest.  Everyone, keep up the good work.  This weight loss thing is not easy especially after the age of 50.

Best Answer

Hello!

I might have to join the Herbie group :). I was vegan for three years, but sadly I became very ill and had to start incorporating some animal products back into my diet (turns out I am really bad at assimilating nutrients from supplements especially!) Now that I have had some time and I am feeling better, I dearly want to return to not eating any animal products, so being able to learn from a non-judgemental crowd would be really helpful. Particularly in how to keep your macro profile looking pretty reasonable - I'm finding it hard to get a good percentage of my caloric intake from protein.

What does WFPB stand for?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I just joined the herbie group Smiley Very Happy

I have been a vegetarian for 21 years (i am now 36 Smiley Embarassed ) I don't eat eggs, fish, mushrooms, soya products and very little milk based products. I do love chocolate though Smiley Tongue

Best Answer

Hi I’m a WFPB person and would like to join the group. To the person who asked what that is, whole food, plant based is different than vegan. While we don’t eat any meat, dairy, eggs, cheese like a vegan, we also don’t eat junk food that qualifies as vegan. We eat as close to the plant as possible... not refined things like white flour, sugar, meat substitutes, etc.

Best Answer

@Puravida4all , I'm glad you mentioned that. Although I still eat certain kinds of meat, occasionally, mostly as a condiment, rather than as an aliment, I stay away from most "white stuff", like white flower, white rice, sugar, dairy, and white potatoes. 

I replaced all those with G-BOMBS (Greens - Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries (and other fruit), and Seeds (including nuts). I call this a Nutritarian Diet, where I seek co consume the higher amount of nutrients/calorie.  This is consistent with Dr. Joel Fuhrman's principles. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, lots of kids eating French fries and donuts are vegan but not a healthy choice. The substitute meat, cheese, etc. are usually sodium dense so not a good alternative. I don’t know who Joel Furhman is but I’ll take a look. The plant proof podcast is quite good if you haven’t come across it. There are lots of science based talks which are excellent. 

Best Answer
0 Votes