Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paleo Cheesecake -- No grains, no dairy

12.JPG

I am a cheesecake lover for life! I found this healthy, Paleo cheesecake recipe! In my opinion, this cheesecake is battling with it's non-Paleo counterpart New York style cheesecake for most delicious!

Step 1.JPGStep One: grab 2.5 cups of raw, unsalted cashews and soak in water overnight (this will soften them and ensure they blend smoothly).  Don't skip this step.

Step 2.JPG

The next morning...

Crust:

1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup (or just under) flaked coconut

I used a 6-inch springform pan, so that my cake would look taller.  You can certainly adjust your proportions if you use an 8-inch or larger.

Step 3.JPG

Step 4.JPG

Shove all your crust ingredients in a blender and pulse until they hit breadcrumb consistency.  You want to be able to press this between your fingers and have it keep its shape.

Then, press to the bottom of your pan, keeping it just on the bottom, not going up the sides.

Step 5.JPG

Filling:

2 1/2 cups cashews (soaked overnight)
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted to oil consistency by sitting jar in a warm bath)
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Shove all in a blender.  This may take a little finesse.  You need to blend, re-blend, stir, re-blend, repeat.  This filling needs to be super creamy and not chunky at all to feel like cheesecake.  Take your time with this step, the results are worth it.Step 6.JPG

Spoon the entire filling amount into the springform.Step 7.JPG

There's no magic secret to it.  Just pile it on evenly.

Step 8.JPG

Dang, it even looks like cheesecake!  Cover it and freeze overnight.  When ready to serve, remove the outer ring and let thaw for 15-20 minutes at room temperature.

Step 9.JPG

Oh my gosh, it's heaven.  A fruit topping would have been a welcome compliment, in case you're curious.  The consistency is creamy, dreamy, and really rich.

11.JPG

10.JPG

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Oh wow!!!! I may need to go pick up a blender to try this recipe.

I'm transitioning into Paleo but haven't quite made it 100%. I've recently discovered that I'm lactose intollerant so I can't even cheat and have real cheesecake. So this would be perfect.

Best Answer

Yum @ErickFitbit I love cheese cake and this looks awesome. I dont do desserts much but this looks good for thankgiving will do it! Thanks!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@FayeValentineI'm telling you, this "cheesecake" is battling with the real thing for most delicious! I was amazed at how delicious this was when I made it! Could not believe I made it myself lol.

@WendyBI wouldn't let anyone know that it isn't "cheesecake" until the end and see what they say! Great idea for Thanksgiving dinner! Let me know what your guests think! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit I never do tell Smiley Very Happy I make a Mexican Pizza that my Husband loves and he is always saying the meat on it is so good. If he knew It was Boca Crumbles he wouldnt eat it. So I just smile and go laugh in the other room. Smiley Wink

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@WendyBOMG that's hilarious! That actually happened to me once. I was at a restaurant with some friends eating pizza and they ordered a vegie pizza. Long story short, I ate the pizza and later mentioned to them, "the meat was delicious!" Then they said, "what meat?! It was a veggie, you probably thought the mushrooms were meat." I still don't believe them to this day! Robot tongue

Best Answer

@FayeValentine wrote:

Oh wow!!!! I may need to go pick up a blender to try this recipe.

I'm transitioning into Paleo but haven't quite made it 100%. I've recently discovered that I'm lactose intollerant so I can't even cheat and have real cheesecake. So this would be perfect.

@FayeValentine Welcome to the dark side! I've found that the ocassional carbohydrate can help satisfy your cravings, but paleo life has become part of my daily lifestyle! I love spicy chicken, lettuce wraped everything, lots of fruits.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my! That cake looks so good it's almost sinful! Smiley Wink

I have a similar recipe for a vegan raw raspberry tart or the savory version with sun dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Robot surprised delicious! I Will definitely try it out!  Heart

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
My husband would love this. Has anyone tried to make it without the Agave Nectar? I'm thinking of not putting any sweetness into it but rather use whole fruit on top of it instead.
Best Answer

Hey @RexFeral, that is a very good idea! and healthier. give it a try and let me know how it goes. Cat Embarassed

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit This was a hit on Thanksgiving! I was going to take a picture but got to busy and forgot.

But I will be making his again for sure! Thanks for sharing it!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Wow @ErickFitbit, you surprise me my friend! Looks delicious may I say. Thank you for sharing the recipe and how to prepare it. I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out. Robot wink

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cool @ErickFitbit

Personally prefer strawberry cake.. Smiley Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyBOMG so happy to hear that it was well received! Robot Very Happy

Did you take a piece for yourself? What did you think of it? healthy and delicious!

@McoreWhat can I say haha! Take pictures! I know you'll love it! Robot tongue

@SunsetRunnerI haven't tried the cheesecake with strawberries but it can be made with a strawberry topping if you prefer! Robot Happy

Desserts! Desserts! Desserts!

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit Yes I got a piece. Smiley Very Happy If I didnt I would of stole someone elses Smiley Wink But This is going to be my go to cheesecake from now on. It was awesome! Woot!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit I'll do my best once I get all the ingredients. Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyBWarms my heart to hear that you and your family were all able to enjoy it! Robot Very Happy

@McoreI wanna hear all about it when you get the chance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, I'll share my experience @ErickFitbitRobot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes