Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plain Greek Yogurt + MIO + Cinnamon

Greek Yogurt is a great way to get protein and some good old fashioned dairy calcium, but the taste of plain unsweetened Greek Yogurt can be a little daunting.  

Caveat:: I'm not wild about artificial sweetners, since it seems like 10 years after they are released someone always seems to find a critical health risk with them, but...  after some research I've decided Splenda(Sucralose) is better then Diabetes(Sucrose).  Given the nature of the web you can type whatever you want in to Google and get confirmation of whatever you want to believe... but I did my best to avoid that bias.

A little squirt of MIO (or one of the million clones) into some plain Greek yogurt plus a little Cinamon can help you get just the level of sweetness you want, and then you at least know what you are adding. 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

You could also try cutting up some fruit in the yogurt. It will give the sweetness that you want, plus a little added fiber to boot!

Best Answer

I have to try this! Thank you @kelfran and @Amoch for sharing this recipe. Robot wink

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have purchased Oikos plain greek yogurt and mix in 20g of elderberry jam, it is heavenly and not super sweet Cat Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Love greek yogurt with fresh blueberries & slight swirl of natural peanut butter!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding peanut butter, great idea @818gymrat!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to be a Splenda user as well. I completely stopped using all artificial sweetners after reading this article published by Washington University in St. Louis:

http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/25491.aspx

It is not that the substance is "harmful" for the body, it changes the way our body handles sugar. I would recommend reading the article. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing this article @AtomHF, very interesting. Smiley Happy

Best Answer