Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portobello, spinach and parmesan vegetarian recipe

grilled-stuffed-portobello-mushrooms-oh-x.jpg

Hi everyone!Cat Happy I've been a vegetarian for almost 5 years now, and to be honest with you I do not miss the meat at all!Smiley Surprised One of my favorite dishes ever are mushrooms, not just because the texture is delicious and different, they are juicy and a great source of protein to keep a balanced diet. Also is a really easy one, so I just wanted to share with you since it is one of my favorite recipes. Hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients:

2 Portobello Mushroom caps

2 teaspoons olive oil, divided

1 garlic clove, minced

3/4 cup minced onion

1 1/2 bagged baby spinach leaves

1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/3 cup breadcrumbs

1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation

First of all you have to prepare the grill, then remove the brown gills from the undersides of the Portobello mushroom (you can use a spoon) and discard them, let the mushrooms caps aside.

Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then add the garlic, and the onion; saute 2 minutes. Add the oregano and the spinach; saut 1 minute or until spinach wilts.

After this transfer the spinach mixture to a medium bowl; stir in remaining 1 teaspoon oil, cheese, breadcrumbs, vinegar, and pepper. Divide filling evenly among mushrooms, spooning onto gill sides.

Grill for 7 minutes and your all set to enjoy a delicious meal! Smiley Wink

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Oh my! That looks delicious @SolangeE

I'd probably want to add some slivered almonds for a bit more crunch, but that really makes me hungry. Mushroomless right now, too.

Thanks for sharing this.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

This sounds so good! I will diffenetly try it!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@SolangeE Great recipe! Looks and sounds delicious, I can almost smell it from hereSmiley LOL.  I'm so hungry right now I'll love to eat a couple of portobellos with spinach and Parmesan cheese. Cat Wink I shall definitely try this at home.

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Fantastic @SolangeE! This will definitely work for me. It's always great to have different ideas when cooking and your recipe, definitely is one great option. Smiley Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

I completely loved the recipe @SolangeE thanks for sharing! Woman Very Happy I will try it soon! Yum!

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

hey @Odyssey13@WendyB@SantiR@Mcore@CindyFitbit!Woman Wink I'm glad that you liked the recipe, hope you enjoy it! Cat Tongue

Best Answer

I will definitely try it @SolangeE! Thanks for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Almonds will definitely add a great crunchy touch!Smiley Tongue @Odyssey13 

Best Answer

@SolangeE that looks delicious Robot surprised ! I would say that I will try the receipt, but I'm not really good at cooking lol Smiley Tongue. But definitely mom is going to have a new receipt to try Man Very Happy!!

Fitbit Community ModeratorIsai | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my answer helpful? Vote for it and mark it as a solution. It motivates me to keep posting :).

Best Answer

@IsaiFitbit, haha you are lucky that your mom still cooks for you! Enjoy while you can. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

@SolangeE thanks for sharing this marvelous, delicious recipe with the Community! Being vegetarian doesn't mean tasteless food and salads, lol. I will definitely give this recipe a try, I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks like. Heart Mushrooms are the best so why not making a burger out of them? Robot LOL

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Vegetarian food can be even tastier than non vegetarian food. Smiley Tongue

Best Answer

You got that right @SantiRCat Embarassed And healthier as well, yay!

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Hello, @SantiR@MariamV! it is actually the best! We should get together and cook something delicious. look this Cauliflower pizza guys! 

pizza2.jpg

Best Answer

@SolangeE & @SantiR that pizza looks delicious! Cat SurprisedHeart We definitely should get together to cook this fabitty fab recipe. Have a great day you awesome nerds. Cat Embarassed 

Best Answer

@MariamV I agree. We should get together and cook this healthy delicious pizza and eat big time! 

Best Answer

@SantiR sir, yes sir! @SolangeE and when we do, let's make this smoothie recipe which is one of  my favorites! Cat Wink 

Best Answer

@MariamV Just look at the color of that smoothie! Gorgeous. 

Best Answer

Beautiful! we could combine the pizza with shrooms and the berrys smoothie. @SantiR@MariamV. When is this cooking day happening? Cat LOL

Best Answer