Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pumpkin recipes.

pumpking cooking.jpg

So,with Halloween approaching we are organizing a Pumpkin carving contest at work and I was thinking, all that pumpkin interior from all the coworkers, is there a way to use it?

So I started digging of course for pumpkin pie recipes, found some for soups, found a lot of Ale recipes...

pumpkin ale.jpgpumpking soup.jpgpumkin pie.jpg

As in this Community we have a lot of healthy yummy food lovers I wanted to ask. 
What is your Favourite Pumpkin recipe? 

Also any secrets on Pumpkin carving? I want to Win!

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

Pumpkin Pancakes are THE BEST!

1 c. flour

2 TBLSP brown sugar

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/4 tsp salt

1 large egg

3/4 c. milk

3/4 c. canned pumpkin

1/4 c. yogurt

2 TBLSP softened butter

Serve with blueberries or chopped pecans or mini choc chips...of course, with syrup

Best Answer

@Fido Those sound good too!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

This is a Hungry Girl recipe for Yum Yum Brownies.  They honestly taste like a denser, very moist cupcake but they are really good.  Note that the batter is crazy thick.  You won't think at first it will even blend so you will be tempted to add an egg or water.  Trust the recipe. It works!

Yum Yum Brownie Muffins

1/12th of recipe (1 muffin): 181 calories, 3.5g fat,357mg sodium, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 20g sugars, 2g protein

1 box moist-style devil's food cake mix (15.25 to 18.25 oz.)

One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray.

In a large bowl, mix cake mix with pumpkin until completely smooth and uniform. (Batter will be thick.)

Evenly distribute batter into the cups of the muffin pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out mostly clean, about 20 minutes. Enjoy!

MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Best Answer

Wow, how many great recipes you have here guys, I will be taking note haha. Smiley Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I think some one lied to me.  I was told there would be a shortage of pumpkin. I went to my store tonight and there was a huge display. I bought 2 more cans No shortage as I can see. I have enough pumpkin for 4 monthsSmiley Wink

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@WendyBDon't even share pictures or else I will be at your house when the cheesecake is out the oven! Robot tongue

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

This soup is so good! If left alone with it I have been known to eat it all.

http://mommyperfect.com/2015/11/super-easy-harvest-pumpkin-soup/

Best Answer

That soup looks fantastic @SilverMist16! thanks for sharing the recipe, I'll definitely try it. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

IIndeed that soup looks very yummy Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK @SunsetRunner I did try a Pumpkin ale this weekend. I was kinda taken aback by the first sip because Cinnamon was very strong in it. But then it wasn't so bad after that.

I wouldn't run out and get another. But it might be nice once a year. I had Saranas Pumpkin Ale. Found it at Trader Joes

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Soup looks good @SilverMist16

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Thank you @WendyB I'll have to try it then. Although I'm still reticent with the Cinnamon, I am not that much of a fan.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion about the cinnamon @WendyB, I do like it but I'll try not to add too much of it on the recipeSmiley Happy

Best Answer