Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick breakfast ideas that aren't oatmeal

ANSWERED

ok so I need good breakfast, quick breakfast ideas. Mother of 2, working full time, husband works thirds and to be honest, I hate oatmeal! I have tried it many different ways but I can't do it!! Help please! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and removed all caps

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I like to have scrambled eggs with spinach on wheat toast with avocado. Breakfast is also a challenge for me because oatmeal is ok, and I am also not a great fan of eggs, but they do fill me up. I am not a fruit and yogurt type of girl either. It's just so hard. Sorry if I wasn't much help.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I like to have scrambled eggs with spinach on wheat toast with avocado. Breakfast is also a challenge for me because oatmeal is ok, and I am also not a great fan of eggs, but they do fill me up. I am not a fruit and yogurt type of girl either. It's just so hard. Sorry if I wasn't much help.

Best Answer

EGGS!

Hard boiled eggs are great for busy parents. You can boil a whole dozen on Sunday night, pop them in the fridge, and grab a couple each morning on the way out the door. I put some sriracha into a little container to dip them in, too. 

I also make a scramble and store it in the fridge. You can fill a tortilla or two with the scramble in the morning, pop them in the toaster oven or microwave. Easy peasy and stores for multiple days. Siete makes some great cassava tortillas that I use. 

Or pre-make little quiches in muffin cups, store in fridge. Grab and go in the morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you any ideas are helpful! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you AshleyJane! These are great ideas!! I love the mini quiche ideas! I can totally do hardboiled eggs too. I feel like I'm in a breakfast rut that I hate. Thank you so much! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I buy these thin rice cakes from Lundbergh, spread lightly with nut butter, and sprinkle on pomegranate seeds. You could also toast a bagel, slather on nut butter, and slice a banana. 

Best Answer

Great discussion! 

Oatmeal is great and very simple to prepare, I love it! But another other simple and easy to prepare breakfast for me consists of boiled eggs with a little bit of pesto sauce and toasted bread with cottage cheese. 

Coffee is a must for me! But could be replaced with a nice green tea or one of your preference. Smiley Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed @mikhail.rodrigu! So many great suggestions for breakfast options. Smiley Happy 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes