Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random food entered when I add food

Whenever I enter previously used food, the app ends up entering a whole bunch of random items from my frequent list. For instance, I added yogurt, blueberries, strawberries and flax seed for breakfast and it added those as well as salmon, lentils, another flax seed and another yogurt in breakfast for that day as well as a red onion entry for lunch. I’ve restarted my phone, deleted and redos loaded the app. Still nice tracking but a pain to delete that stuff I don’t want. Anyone else have these issues?

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

This is happening to me too and I also haven't found any fix. It's pretty inconvenient.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here this past week or so. It adds anything I’ve recently logged in addition to what I really wanted to add. Annoying. I also did what you did; restart, delete and reinstall. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Palm9473 @fisch345 @GH181, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for the troubleshooting performed. I suggest checking that the Fitbit app is up to date, if not you can find useful information in this link . You can also clear the app cache. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

That’s exactly what mine is doing I’ve figured out!

Best Answer

The app is on version 3.37. It seems to be adding all my previously used foods with a specific food.

Best Answer

Hi @Palm9473, it's great to see you again. 

Thanks for providing the Fitbit app version. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? In the meantime I receive your answers, please log out and back into the Fitbit app on your mobile device. Then please restart your mobile device and Force quit restart the Fitbit app. 

For instructions about how to Force quit restart the App, please consider the following: 

1. To close the app, open the App Switcher and swipe the screenshot of the app upwards to close it.

2. This forces the app to quit; wait a few seconds.

3. Open it again. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply Ana. I am using an iPhone 11. I use it daily and this occurs every time I log a recently used food with a paired food, e.g. add chicken only and the program adds the onions, celery, red pepper and other items I’ve used with this item in the past. 

I have tried restarting and even deleting/reloading the app with no luck. I’m still deleting items daily as I still want to be able to track my food and health process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Palm9473 thanks for the details shared on your post. 

To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Has this started after updating the Fitbit app? Are you experiencing any other inconvenience while logging food?

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the app since February 5th and has occurred every day/every log since owning it. I’ve downloaded the same version twice since February 5th, thinking there was an issue but the problem persists after the redos load. No other issues with food logging, water, exercise, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m having the same issue. I’ve logged out & logged in, logged out,
reinstalled and logged back in as well. I’ve been having the issue since
roughly the beginning of February. I’m on an iPhone XR that’s brand new. No
iOS updates are pending. Thanks!--

Geoff Harris
gharris1818@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Palm9473 @GH181 thanks for providing the requested information and for trying the troubleshooting steps. 

Please log your food using your Fitbit.com dashboard to confirm if this is related only to the app. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnaFitbit 

I just logged yesterday's food this morning through the website, not the app, it this worked with no added foods. It seems to be an app based issue.

Looking forward to any next steps you may have.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@AnaFitbit I haven't had a chance to log via the browser yet, but yesterday
I only used the Log button in the upper right instead of Log & Add More at
the bottom, and I did not experience the random food additions. I will keep
that going today and also log on the browser and let you know.

I also noticed that the list of other items recently eaten with the food
being logged has been missing calorie info for a while--it just says '0
cals' -- another apparent iOS app glitch.

I'll be in touch. Thanks!

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Palm9473 @GH181, thanks for following the instructions provided. 

I would like to let you know this was already escalated to our team for further investigation. Once we have an update about this, you will be able to find it in this thread

I appreciate your patience.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Palm9473

Thank you for not being lazy and writing about this problem. I am too lazy for this and constantly had to struggle with removing unnecessary products.
Maybe it's that laziness that makes me fat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @pomidape, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for sharing your experience with this issue. Here in the Community you can write about your doubts and experiences with the Fitbit devices and products. 

In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members to reach your fitness goals. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with random food being added. The unwanted foods say 0 calories initially, the all of a sudden they are there and I have to spend a lot of time deleting the unwanted entries.

I’ve found the issue arises no matter which button I use. Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cricky, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for sharing this information. I understand where your disappointment comes from. Please note this was already escalated and our team is working on it. 

Your patience is appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is now 2024, and this is still happening!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on, Fitbit. Fix this dumb bug. It is really annoying!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes