Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I log diet tonic water in the Water tile?

If I drink a lot of diet tonic water can this be logged under 'Log some water'?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @SunsetRunner  this topic has been on the forums since at least 2013. Many people are purists and will only count plain water. Others of us will include anything we drink from a glass, cup, bottle or can. If you're counting calories, you'll want to include those from whatever you drink. I'd count tonic water if it was me.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Only if it is mixed with Gin.

I personally log under Water only what is 0 calories: water itself, tea, infusion, black coffee.

Otherwise any other drinks goes under food.

But that is me, it is really a personal choice. However if you keep a tab on your calories intake you should log any drink with calories into Food, even if you also log it in water. 

Best Answer

Your body doesn't care where the water comes from and treats it all the same. 

Many people get a lot of water in the foods they eat and do not need to supplement with much water. 

Things that contain water. 

Coffee, tea, (not enough caffeine to affect), soda, seltzer, veggies, soups, stews, potatos, meat, etc. 

Basically, almost everything placed in the mouth contain some water. 

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Nice to see you here.

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Community and, regarding your inquiry, that is up to you. I personally log plain water and not any other type. The "Log some water" option was mostly intended for plain water to maintain control of the adequate daily fluid intake

By the way, I moved your post to the Healthy Eating board to keep the Community organized and other users can give their opinion on this inquiry.

See you around!

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer

That is the intention of drinking Water, but the body doesn't care how the water comes in. The body will use all water in the same way. 

Best Answer

It is a good idea

Best Answer

Like @SebWotan - I only log plain water & tea as water. I drink coffee with a little half and half so it goes under food. 

Best Answer

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/healthy-beverages

Our body also gets water from, juice, fruits, vegies, milk, yogurt, oatmeal, even soda, tea, and coffee

Best Answer