Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snacks and evening craves

To cut down on evening snacks, after supper I go floss and use mouthwash and that keeps me from wanting anything . . . Don't want to undo my dental hygiene . . . Works for me . . . And also when I crave a snack during the day, I simply chew gum . . .

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Good ideas, @mtntopman . I’ve found that the less I snack (especially high carb snacks), the less I feel the need to snack. At the start of the “shelter in place” restrictions, I decided there would be no snacking after dinner. Then I switched to non-processed carbs for the rest of the day. I struggle with a compulsion to eat, eat, eat. But cutting back like this, has almost entirely eliminated that compulsion. Granted the first week was pretty difficult, but the rewards were worth it. I tried splurging a time or two, And the cravings came back immediately. It was not worth it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerit's worked for me . . . But I do eat sweets and when I do, I cut back on bread or potatoes . . . But the best thing is, I avg. over 40 miles a week walking and have for over 5 yrs. now .

Best Answer

Wow, @mtntopman ! Great job! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love this advice and I should DEFINITELY be more mindful of this. Typically when I'm having cravings they're for something sweet. I keep a bag of semi-sweet organic chocolate chips in the fridge and usually allowing myself only one does the trick because they're so sweet. Which works out because they're super low calorie!

Best Answer

Hello 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jessdavies  Hello to you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Apple-Chips  It works for me and has for years . . .

Best Answer
0 Votes

New month..

New goals..

🎉

Best Answer
0 Votes

You do it right, but it would make things better if you replaced the gum with dental floss.

Best Answer

Btw, what gum do you chew?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's pretty nice to follow the hygiene for your mouth. Before, I thought it is enough to brush the teeth two times per day. But then I started to have failed root canal symptoms. My dentist said that my dental tissue got weaker because I don't clean my mouth after eating snacks, but I was eating them a lot. So then, I decided to use Listerine all the time I am eating something. Also, I always use dental floss after the meal. So now I feel a big difference between now and before. My dental tissue became stronger, and I feel my mouth cleaner, without any extra smell that was always destroying my teeth.

Best Answer
I like ice cubes gum . . .
Best Answer
0 Votes