Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplements and vitamins

Based on the Apps overall view of your health and activity, have the app suggest vitamins and supplements to help you keep your goals. It would be nice to have an area specifically for that to keep track and even the benefits from those supplements and vitamins.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Again, you can use the Feature Suggestions forum for this.

Though I personally think that – in the grand scheme of things – supplementation only plays a minor role, and your needs for most micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals etc.) are usually covered if you eat a balanced diet primarily composed of whole foods.

I’m not sure how Fitbit could make recommendations based on your activity. Your step count looks a bit low, so why not supplement on this vitamin or that mineral? As to health, Fitbit only has a narrow picture of it: it doesn’t know anything about your blood pressure, your glucose levels, your lipids and most other health markers.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thanks again, I just picked up my Fitbit Charge 2 and I love it. But I have been under the weather for about a week now. Congestion in lungs, cold sweats, etc. I’ve been trying to keep moving and pushing through, but know my numbers will increase when I get past this.
Thank you for the info about supplements and vitamins. It would be great to have the technology where it’s a full picture of ones health. I’m 52 and am more conscious about it now then I used to be. Really wanting to bring some change in my life, and with the Fitbit and determination, I’ve lost 4lbs and have a great outlook. I should have invested into the tracker a couple of years ago.
Thank you sir for your comments and your insight. Appreciate it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! This would be great! Please consider @Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would doubt something like this would be within FitBits capabilities.  Vitamins and supplements aren't even regulated by the FDA.  

You'd have to give FitBit a really comprehensive look at your diet, health goals, previous health ailments, allergies, and potential contraindications, etc.  For example, you'd have to tell FitBit you're vegan and maybe FitBit would suggest you supplement with B12.  Or if you're pregnant, they tell you to take a prenatal vitamin.  

FitBit isn't a substitute for a doctor.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
Definitely something to think about. I was thinking about a way to monitor it’s benefits. You know how we all take this vitamin and that supplement, and a lot of the times we don’t see a benefit? If there was a way to monitor, not as a doctor, and not even dealing with the FDA, but a way to fin tune what we take and it’s benefits. After 6 months if there are no improvements, then switch to something different that may work. I was thinking along those lines. And after a year or so of use, now you have a records of what vitamins and supplements that really worked, whether it’s a certain brand or herb, you’d see what works. Helping to fine tune what you take. Just a thought. We can do that now on our own, but maybe where it is easy to monitor through fit bit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is: supplements only account for a tiny portion of dietary factors that affect overall health. You may want to have a look at this older topic, for the hierarchy of things that matter for health, according to the authors of Understanding Healthy Eating (an e-book I highly recommend).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Sounds great. Thank you so much. I will most definitely read it. Appreciate your posts. 😀

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes exactly that’s what I was thinking

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a big fan of having the right vitamin and mineral levels for you and I've been able to find a brand/supplier online that is perfect for my needs.  I take a high dose of prescribed Folic Acid 3 times a week, but other than that, it's a multivitamin, vitamin B complex (on the recommendation of my GP), Iron (because I'm vegetarian) and Calcium (because of my allergy).

I was told to stop taking all my supplements for 2 weeks before I went in to hospital because they weren't regulated and I noticed my body needing them within 24 hours of taking the last dose I was allowed.  By the time it got to 36 hours later I was seriously noticing the difference that they made to my body that I'd really taken for granted until that point.  By day 2 without my supplements, I could feel my body literally begging me for a dose of the supplements.  Day 3 and beyond my body was showing me just how desperate it was for the next dose... my head was fuzzy, I couldn't concentrate, I was exhausted, my bones ached... I just felt totally grotty and that was only day 3 of 14 without them!

What I'm trying to say is that if there was some way to maybe have a scale/small comment box to use in the FitBit app that you could record how you were feeling each day or even just a temporary one to use for a couple of weeks per month or whatever then it'd be a fantastic addition to the app that would be unique to FitBit and might even be a good selling point too?

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a great idea! Indeed, it would be a perfect function. For example, my friend wanted to lose weight for a long time. So, she was looking for drugs that could help her with this. Finally, she found an article about the help of peptides https://kaotikpeptides.com/melanotan-ii-mt-2/, and she tried them. Indeed, the result was fast and perfect. But, honestly, I prefer to consult a doctor before consuming any vitamins and supplements. The desire to achieve your goals sometimes blinds the eyes, and you make hasty decisions that can harm your health.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a blood test to check my Folic Acid levels a few weeks back and they were "through the roof" according to the results, so the medical bod said to reduce the prescribed Folic Acid to twice a week and it was then that I finally appreciated just how much benefit my daily pill-popping was giving me.  The supplements aren't regulated, sure, I understand that, but hopefully I'll be able to come off that prescription eventually and just rely on my supplements.  I may not be able to save much money for the NHS, but surely it's better than nothing, right? 

I've completely stopped the vitamins B12 and D and my AD has been replaced by another supplement on the suggestion of my CPN and thanks to my various supplements and I'm coming out of the other side of an AP reduction which will save a little tiny bit more each month, but I couldn't have done it without my vitamins and supplements and the support of my GP, nurse, CPN and pharmacist - they are medically trained and I'm not, so I'm following their advice to the letter as much as possible, but having something to record vitamin/supplement effects, benefits and any adverse reactions would help me and potentially my medical bods.  Not medical advice or anything, but maybe a "have you taken your XYZ supplement today?" with a little tick box that you can check when you've taken it and record how you are feeling later in the day, then after a month (or whatever) of daily recording you could download/print a document/spreadsheet to show your medical bod just how each of your vitamins/supplements are affecting you.  Not a complete breakdown of your medical history ('cos it's not a medical device), but just a document that says what time you took which vitamin/supplement and a small comment box to write in how it's affected you is all.

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
0 Votes

Frankly speaking, I'm a big fan of healthy foods and natural supplements. The right vitamins can create miracles in your organism. But, of course, everything is very individual, and each organism lacks certain substances. So, initially, you need to find out which micro and macro elements are missing your own organism. And choose the right program. In addition, there are universal eco preparations like Nerve Control 911 that allow you to keep your nervous system and health in general in good shape. Indeed, it is really very important these days to take care of your mental health.

Best Answer

I think it would be an excellent addition to Fitbit @david.a.rambo. As @Dominique suggested you can post it as a feature suggestion. Fitbit might take this idea in the future. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanOstin wrote:

Frankly speaking, I'm a big fan of healthy foods and natural supplements. The right vitamins can create miracles in your organism. But, of course, everything is very individual, and each organism lacks certain substances. So, initially, you need to find out which micro and macro elements are missing your own organism. And choose the right program. In addition, there are universal eco preparations like Nerve Control 911 that allow you to keep your nervous system and health in general in good shape. Indeed, it is really very important these days to take care of your mental health.

Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

Best Answer