Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much salt in EVERYTHING!!!

ANSWERED

I never add salt to my food, except cometimes on hot french fries, but no matter what I always eat way too much salt (more than 1,00 mg is too much).  It is in everything I buy.  I am not much for cooking from scratch, but I am really regretting this approach.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well, i do not think avoiding salt completely is a good idea. Though too much of salt is bad but that does not mean that you should avoid it completely, intake of salt also have some natural remedy in our system. Taking it excessively is what normally causes some effect on our body system.

According to the CDCTrusted Source, the average American eats over 3,400 mg each day. You can limit your sodium intake by eating unprocessed foods. You may also find it easier to manage your sodium intake by making more meals at home.

I hope this my little write up helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Well, i do not think avoiding salt completely is a good idea. Though too much of salt is bad but that does not mean that you should avoid it completely, intake of salt also have some natural remedy in our system. Taking it excessively is what normally causes some effect on our body system.

According to the CDCTrusted Source, the average American eats over 3,400 mg each day. You can limit your sodium intake by eating unprocessed foods. You may also find it easier to manage your sodium intake by making more meals at home.

I hope this my little write up helps.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I am not much for cooking from scratch

Cooking "from scratch", i.e. using mostly raw/minimally processed ingredients would solve a lot of problems, not only salt. It’s not as convenient as eating food that has been prepared for you in a factory, but the extra time/effort/planning required is well worth it IMO.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Dinner tonight:

eggs-tomatoes-asparagus.jpg

Raw ingredients: 3 eggs, one large tomatoe (sliced), 250 g of green asparagus (steamed), a bit of garlic (crushed + minced), a tad of olive oil (I use a cast iron pan). Salt: only what I chose to add.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

--------------

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have to agree with the home cooked from scratch responses.
When I had gall stones I had to drastically change my pretty poor diet. It's really surprising the kinds of delicious food you can cook in a short time and using fresh ingredients makes a massive difference to the taste. Many pre-prepared meals do taste great but when compared with the same meal cooked fresh from scratch they can pale into insignificance.

Best Answer
0 Votes