Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Calorie limit lower than other apps

Before I got back into FitBit (I used to have a Charge HR then got an Apple Watch). I have since switched to Pixel 2 XL and went with the Versa. Previously, I have used LifeSum and MyFitnessPal and my total calorie intake for the day was about 2-4 hundred more than what FitBit is stating. Does anyone have any insight on why or how they get this information? 

Any ideas would be great.

Back on the bandwagon; Versa, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I have the Versa and using Lose It Premium for food log and calorie intake. Having same issue, FitBit is calculating my daily cal intake way lower than it should be. 

Best Answer

Hi @faerieflyinfree -- There are a number of different algorithms that can be used to estimate your daily energy requirement based on your age, weight, gender, activity level, etc.  Different services use different algorithms which yield different results. 

I don't think that Fitbit discloses their algorithms, but I believe they are based in part on the Harris Benedict equations for estimating Base Metabolic Rate.  I'm clueless as to how they factor in exercise via elevated heart rate, but I assume there are different algorithms that again, yield different results.

Best Answer

Interesting. @InkedChic00 I am glad to see I'm not the other one experiencing this. I'm still trying to play around with their system. As I know it adds more calories available depending on exercise minutes etc however I know MFP and other apps do the same thing. This is my first app that has such a lower calorie intake. Maybe their way to motivated activity in order to eat more? 😛

Back on the bandwagon; Versa, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer