Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking meals

I'm new to the fitbit community, and learning how to navigate using it to the best advantage.  I do not subscribe to premium features, and need to find a way to utilize without premium, if possible.

My question is,  how would I go about entering a meal that is not in the database.  I would like to be able to enter a restaurant meal that is not in the current database. In addition to this, if I prepare a meal at home that is a personal recipe, is there a way to upload this recipe into the database for tracking?  I do not eat very much RTE-packaged foods, so scanning barcodes is not much of an option for me.

Thanks

-Shopgirl71

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

You don't need premium to do either of these, thankfully; I've held out paying for premium and I find I have everything I need with the app and the fitbit.com dashboard.  

The Dashboard is the best place to deal with both of these things.  If you go to Fitbit.com and log in to your Dashboard in the top right, click on the food square and "see more."  Over on the right under favorites you should have two tabs, Foods and Meals.  Each one gives you the option to "create a new...," you just need the nutritional information for that item or meal.  

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no way to upload a Recipe.  I do as the previous poster said. I have many created meals And favorites.

It takes time to build like any site, But I prefer to have it all in one places. Meals exercise etc

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes