Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find a list of Ready to eat low calorie high carb foods

I've tried googling this but Google seems to think I'm searching for low carb foods for some reason.

So I'm cal counting.

I'm going low carbs but I'm spending way to many calories on the minimum daily carbs that I need.

Best thing I've found so far is a 190gram soreen malt loaf that has 126 grams of carbs for 580 calories.

Which is 4.8 cal for each gram of carbs.

Which means that I'm having to spend 1000 cal on 200 grams of carbs which only leaves me with another 1000 cal to hit my protein, fats, and assorted vit and mineral goals.

So can anyone suggest items I can grab of the shop self and eat straight away that has higher carbs for the same or less amount of calories.

Please help been looking to answer this by myself for over a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

200 grams of carbs is not low carb ?

at a minimum 200 grams of carbs is 800calories,  obviously food will have more than just carbs in it so that sounds about right

Best Answer

I didn't ask uf 200 grams is low carb.

I wish I could find 200 grams of carbs for only 800 cal.

I asked for suggestions for the lowest calorie sources of carbs!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Potatos 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. White rice: White rice is a staple food in many cultures and is primarily composed of carbohydrates. It's a good source of energy but lacks significant amounts of other nutrients like fiber and protein.

2. Plain pasta: Pasta, made from wheat flour, is high in carbohydrates. While it's often served with sauces or other ingredients, plain pasta itself is predominantly a source of carbs.

3. Bread: Whether it's white bread, whole wheat bread, or other varieties, bread is a carbohydrate-rich food. It's a staple in many diets and is often consumed as a source of energy.

4. Potatoes: Potatoes are starchy vegetables that are rich in carbohydrates. They can be boiled, mashed, fried, or baked and are a common component of many dishes worldwide.

5. Corn: Corn is a grain that is high in carbohydrates. It can be eaten fresh, cooked, or processed into various products like cornmeal or cornflakes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding more fiber (plain salad/greens etc.) will tend to offset the calories consumed - Fiber absorbs the macronutrients and releases them more slowly into the gut.  Also supports healthy fermentation - a normal aspect of your digestion, while promoting a healthy gut microbiome.  

Best Answer

hi,

you said 200 grams of carbs a day is not low carb!

what would be considered low carb for a daily calorie burn of around 2750 to 3000 cals

on a side note, ive found that going below 200 grams a day affects my sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

it varies by individual but a general consensus would be below 100 is low carb , some say below 50 for keto , personally when I do a keto phase I stay below 20.

Its personal choice depending on your reasons for doing it. 

If you Google keto recipes you will get some low carb meals ideas , failing that type what you want into chatgpt and it is amazing the meal plans and recipes it can come up with

Best Answer