Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vote for a Dutch / Belgium food database to encourage healthy eating, please read.

Dear Fitbit users,

Please read and vote:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Dutch-setting-and-Food-log-belgium-netherlands/i...

I have been using Fitbit for a while now, but there still isn't a food database for the Dutch and Belgium users. I think this is unacceptable, a good working food database is one of the key requirements to encourage a healthy lifestile / healthy eating. I can and will not believe that there aren't enough users with the Netherlands and Belgium in order to provide this service!

I just found out that the people from Fitbit always strive to enhance Fitbit products and service, but that they do not currently have plans to release this food database (message 1 September 2018)

The above link is to a discussion about this food database, for now, Fitbit left this suggestion open for votes (and closed it to comments) so that they can continue to track community demand over time. So please, open the link and vote for a Dutch / Belgium food database!

Thank you!

Miranda

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Voted, however I am doubtful we will get it. Therefore a suggestion that can help out with this. You can set up myfitnesspall to sync with FitBit. I believe myfitnesspall has a Dutch database (not currently using it myself). Another, but cumbersome, way of doing it is by creating custom foods, but this takes a lot of effort. If you eat very similar from day to day it is worth the effort though.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Dear Esya,

Thank you so much for your tips and I am not very convinced myself either. 

I recently deleted MFP, the app is too slow esp. when you want to synchronize it with apps like Fitbit.

I used it for 18 months actually, but after is was hacked I wasn’t that comfortable anymore either.

I agree that MFP’s food database is great!

Perhaps I will start filling my own database. Thank you 🙏 and have a great evening!

Best Answer
0 Votes