Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vote for a Whole-Food Plant-Based group!

ANSWERED

Hopefully, with enough votes, FITBIT will create a Whole-Food Plant-Based (meat, dairy, and egg-free) group for the app!  My goal is 500,000 votesSmiley Very Happy

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Krissy252,

Don't forget oil free and processed food free. 🙂

The easiest way to get something going is to start a topic right in this forum. Call it whole food plant-based eating.

The most popular topics are the monthly goal setting ones like "Anything goes August" or "move it, move it." People set their own goals and post their progress.

@Bogdelfollows a nutritarian diet. I follow the McDougall diet. The difference is the amount of starches. I burn lots of calories, so I need carbs. 

Set something up, and we can see what happens.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

@Krissy252,

Don't forget oil free and processed food free. 🙂

The easiest way to get something going is to start a topic right in this forum. Call it whole food plant-based eating.

The most popular topics are the monthly goal setting ones like "Anything goes August" or "move it, move it." People set their own goals and post their progress.

@Bogdelfollows a nutritarian diet. I follow the McDougall diet. The difference is the amount of starches. I burn lots of calories, so I need carbs. 

Set something up, and we can see what happens.

Best Answer

Thanks Gershon

Best Answer

Hi Krissy, I have voted!

Best Answer

I wonder what is a "group for the app". 

Here is how you can create your own activity group in the Dashboard:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1287#groups

However, such groups won’t be available in the mobile app. You can only access them via the web-based Dashboard.

One problem with activity groups created by users is that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of them and it can be difficult to locate existing ones that could be of interest to you. One solution to this problem is to use a servive called Relliker. With it, I was able to locate this group that appears to match what you want:

Whole Food/Plant Based Lifestyle

Whether it’s active or not is another matter: just join it to find out.

If you are not interested in the existing activity groups, but want something to be added to the mobile app as a new feature, you can use the Feature Suggestion forum (and get people to vote for your suggestion).

Getting people to vote for your forum post won’t do much to turn your suggestion into a feature, but it will increase your personal vote count and enhance your status as a community member Smiley Happy

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi Dominique

Krissy was asking for a group that is accessed through the Community tab on the mobile app.

On Android, Click Community, then Groups, and Healthy Eating. Presently there is a Vegetarian group, but many of the users would like a Plant-Based group as well.

Best Answer

Thanks, @donsmi! I must be a dinosaur, because my mobile app has no Community tab. It only has Dashboard, Challenges, Guidance, Friends and Account (at the bottom). Is the Community feature supposed to be activated by the user, somehow?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

Hi Dominique.

I wonder if the community on the mobile app was geo-restricted? It appeared for me ( in Canada) a couple months after I'd heard that it had started for Americans.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would appear you are right. I found this annoucement from January 2017:

https://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-community-announcement/

It does say:

If you live in the United States, expect your app navigation to look a little different. In addition to a redesigned profile—which will allow you to customize your personal info and privacy settings (more on that below)—Community has also taken the place of the Friends tab at the bottom of your screen.

I live in Europe and it would appear that – 20 months later – I still have the Friends tab in my app Smiley Sad

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

There is a "Vegetarian" group in the Fitbit app, though it's not vegan or whole foods plant-based (dairy and egg-free).  I see many people posting vegan foods there regardless and no one minds at all.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Thanks Don

Best Answer

Thanks for the explanation:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have created a plant based/ vegan group 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I voted! Would love to see this happen. 

Fitbits: One, Blaze, Charge 4, Aria 2 Scale
Reasons to Fitbit: Kendra, Elizabeth, Katherine, Charlotte, Evelyn, and Susannah
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it active? If so I'd like to join

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about just plant-based? or vegan?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  would check in the app. I'm sure I saw some there. If not then start one

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Is there a way to search the mobile app for WFPB groups?  I would LOVE to be a part of a WFPB group, but can't find one.  Any suggestions.  I voted also.  😊

Duck and Elf, WFPB
Check out Eating You Alive and Forks Over Knives....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Krissy.  I started a Group called Whole Food Plant-Based.  It's a new group so it's evolving.  I was looking for an official WFPB group myself.  I sent you a friend request so I can add you to the group. 🙂

Duck and Elf, WFPB
Check out Eating You Alive and Forks Over Knives....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, it's great to see you around the Community forums and your motivation with your Fitbit device @DuckandElf

Here are some threads of the discussion forums where you can find many people to add to your group: 

Let us know about your progress! 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes