Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Drank Today?

Simple question. In the Fitbit dashboard, should an 8 oz. sports drink add to water drank today and calories eaten today?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I think that's up to you.

I dont drink them but I think they have Sugar not sure. I myself would not count it but that's me.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. I was inspired to look up water content in canned drinks, specifically, coca cola. I found that one can of cola contains approx. 85% water. Thus, I have decided, I should add in the can of coke as calories eaten (as I have been doing) and also add in a can of coke as an 8 oz glass of water, adding to my water drank today. 

Best Answer

Hi @Diamonderic Totally a personal preference, but I'm with @WendyB I wouldn't add it as water. Primarily because it ether has sugar, sodium, fat, caffee or in the case of diet, zero, and so forth, is full of chemical that reduce the level of hydration received and creates work for your body to process a 100% unnatural substance. For some the goal is simply to track fluid in, which is a great starting point, but my recommendation is to move towards tracking pure water, which is what every healthy body needs. 🙂 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

@Diamonderic wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I was inspired to look up water content in canned drinks, specifically, coca cola. I found that one can of cola contains approx. 85% water. Thus, I have decided, I should add in the can of coke as calories eaten (as I have been doing) and also add in a can of coke as an 8 oz glass of water, adding to my water drank today. 

This is what I also do for drinks when I track food (stopped doing that for a while now), add them as both water and calories.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm the hospital anything room temperature is fluid intake (or essentially water intake). Given that it also contains nutrients and calories, I would put as both. Of course it's personal preference and depends on what your goals for tracking are. 

- Julie Wallace, Dietitian Nutritionist

Yours in Health,Julie Wallace,. Dietitian Nutritionist (specialties are meal plans, women's, children's, and vegetarian nutrition)
Best Answer
0 Votes